You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Clan Creation Open Forum on Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:57 pm

Bokuden

S-rank
With the release of the new Clan Creation guidelines, including the new template, I have decided to host an open forum of sorts to answer community questions regarding the changes. Any questions ranging from what changes were made, how the update works, and our thought process behind the changes are all up for discussion. I will do my best to answer all questions at my first available opportunity. As of this moment, this discussion is set to remain open for one week's time, after which this thread will be locked.

Thank you in advance,

JMN

____

:10

"Good and evil are just words. It is not my place to judge their worthiness."

Character Bio | Jutsu List | Item Locker

Bukijutsu-SS|Ninjutsu-SS|Fuuinjutsu-D|Medical-D||Raiton-SS|Suiton-SS|Katon-S|Doton-D

Mission List: D:12 | C:4 | B:3 | A:6 | S:2 | SS:0

2 Re: Clan Creation Open Forum on Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:12 pm

Tsumimaru

Genin
Quick question, noticed the jutsu section was M.I.A from the Guidelines, does this mean clans can longer give out free jutsu? or is that simply something can be put below?, furthermore how will this impact clans whom have a jutsu in their 'free jutsu' which is core to the KKG like the Ryuzoji for instance?

thanks~ that's all for now

____

Just because I was exiled doesn't mean I've forgotten how to reap souls...
are you sure you wish to challenge me?

Item Locker | Character Sheet | Jutsu List

3 Re: Clan Creation Open Forum on Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:14 pm

Bokuden

S-rank
That is correct. Clans going forward will no longer be giving out free jutsu. Clans that are predicated on the members having a certain ability inherently will need to be revamped to include that jutsu as part of the clan kekkei genkai.

What are currently considered clan jutsu will, over time, be moved over to the upcoming library section for Clan hiden jutsu. Currently existing clans, as was the case for characters, will not be forced to immediately be moved over to the new template, but any future versions of the clans or updates will, nor will existing characters with clan jutsu already in their lists have those jutsu stripped from them. I will allow characters to cash in free jutsu from previously existing clans until November 15. After that deadline, clan jutsu will need to be trained as normal.

____

Bukijutsu-SS|Ninjutsu-SS|Fuuinjutsu-D|Medical-D||Raiton-SS|Suiton-SS|Katon-S|Doton-D

4 Re: Clan Creation Open Forum on Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:37 pm

Izuru Kurohebi

Genin
If I may, what is the reason for clan Jutsu removal? It's strange as they gave an identity or an edge to each clan.

5 Re: Clan Creation Open Forum on Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:50 pm

Bokuden

S-rank
This in no ways changes a clan's identity or ability to use their Kekkei Genkai. It simply removes jutsu from clan creation entirely, streamlining the process.

____

6 Re: Clan Creation Open Forum on Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:04 pm

Izuru Kurohebi

Genin
I'm sorry, that was my reasoning for the Jutsu. My question is; what is the reason behind Jutsu removal?

7 Re: Clan Creation Open Forum on Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:40 pm

Kyohei

Special Jounin
One of the primary goals of these guideline revamps from the onset was to trim the fat from the character creation process. What success looks like, to that end, is lowering the barrier to entry and reducing the waiting time and tediousness of the process by removing excess fields.

In general, jutsu aren't necessary to the clan creation process and add an additional wrinkle of complication. By simplifying the process we hope to make it an easier and more welcoming to new members or even older members who wish to explore new ideas with an alternate character.

____

8 Re: Clan Creation Open Forum on Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:34 pm

Shinako

Special Jounin
Will the Jutsu for existing clans still exist come November 15, or will they be entirely re-examined for the purposes of moving them to a library?

____

Ninjutsu: S|Genjutsu: A| Fuuinjutsu: B
Inton: A|Katon: A

9 Re: Clan Creation Open Forum on Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:50 pm

Satoshi Kazuhiko

C-Rank
I really like the idea that KKG Jutsu aren't included. I kind of feels like it allows you to take your KKG and use it in ways that are not like the other members of your clan. Like how the Sharingan had different forms, some unique. I personally am behind anything that streamlines the creation process. As someone who has gone through character gen recently, I found it pretty exhausting and sometimes quite frustrating. It was why I didn't even want to -think- about making a clan, and was warned not to. In that way, I failed to contribute to what could have become a valuable part of Naruto Saga Lore.

____

Missions:| D: 0 | C: 0 | B: 0 | A: 0| S: 0 | SS: 0
Satoshi|Jutsu|Items|Statistics|Progress
Specs: Taijutsu S - Ninjutsu B
Elements: Fuuton S -Doton B

10 Re: Clan Creation Open Forum on Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:04 am

Kyohei

Special Jounin
@Shinako

We are not looking at removing jutsu at this point. Eventually the goal is to examine existing clan jutsu to ensure they are up to standard and have them available and easily accessible to clan members in a consolidated library.

@Satoshi Kazuhiko

Thank you for the feedback!

____

11 Re: Clan Creation Open Forum on Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:14 am

Tsuneo

S-rank
Does that mean we'll have to train our jutsus like chakra chains. Train and pay for them?

And since these things are heavily influential, why not discuss it previously with the community and take their ideas in?

____

If I say I'll destroy the world, Guest
The question isn't who's going to let me, but who's going to stop me?

12 Re: Clan Creation Open Forum on Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:19 am

Ayakashi

Currently approved clans as im aware still get them for free. If a clan still has clan jutsu you don't lose them and i assume later they'll be moved to the Hiden Library section which im sure will be made at some point.

My question is, will clans in the process of currently being approved be required to completely change their format? Or can this be the final approval cycle of the old format?

____

~ Jutsu List ~ Aya's Stats ~ Item Lockup ~ Jutsu Rej ~
Theme Song
Taijutsu SS-Bukijutsu SS-Senjutsu S || Fuuton SS-Suiton SS-Hyouton SS

EP: 5

13 Re: Clan Creation Open Forum on Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:07 am

Kyohei

Special Jounin
@Tsuneo

Characters from already existing clans will have until the 15th of November to access those jutsu free of charge. After that, yes, they will be treated as any other jutsu.

As for your second question, the answer is because I don't classify a handful of jutsu that will still be available as highly influential.

@Ayakashi

I would prefer them be transferred over to avoid having to change them completely in the future, but I will leave that at your discretion for apps that were submitted before this update was released.

____

14 Re: Clan Creation Open Forum on Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:49 am

Strafe Aisu

What exactly is required of the members in this change? Do we need to make clan jutsu swaps in the jutsu registration individually, or am I misunderstanding?

____

Locker |  Profile |  Jutsu List
D - 2 | C - 0 | B - 3 | A - 1 | S - 1 | SS - 0
[Ninjutsu ~ S] | [Medical Ninjutsu ~ S] | [Bukijutsu (Bo) ~ B] | [Suiton ~ S] | [Fuuton ~ S] | [Hyouton ~ S]

15 Re: Clan Creation Open Forum on Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:41 am

Kaiya

Genin
I know I am very late to the party regarding this topic. I have been dealing with moving, Medicaid issue an etc. So please forgive my lateness. I just wanted to offer feedback.

I like these changes. I usually hate any and all forms of grandfathering things in for are who existed before current rules... But in this case the jutsu they keep were all approved and deemed to be balanced and acceptable, so I don't see the same issues I would otherwise expect. I also think it will encourage more creativity. When you no longer get a crap ton of free jutsu just from clans, you have less positives to balance,and less drawbacks for the clan potentially. And with no standard jutsu path, it encourages custom clan jutsu, which I have always been a big fan of. Being in a clan doesn't mean you can't be unique. It's like the (ugh) sharingan. At various points someone's sharingan would be said to be ___ type, which was better for ___. (I am talking about base sharingan too, not mang.) To use that as an example, it just feels like it makes it more open to creativity even within the clan. (It's not really, custom clan jutsu were always allowed. I made and trained them myself, but it FEELS more open. And that is more important than it sounds.)

When the clan jutsu forum/library goes up, will custom clan jutsu be admired? At the creators discretion I assume, but still.

____

Item Locker ~ Jutsu List

Stat~Base~Passives~Totals

Strength~D-3(+0)=D-3
Speed~D-3(+1)=C-0
Endurance~D-3(-1)=D-2
Perception~D-3(+O)=D-3
Reflexes~D-3(+3)=C-2

Disclaimer:
I do not own, nor am I the creator of the above image. The only thing I am responsible for is adding the text. If the creator or owner asks I will promptly remove the image.

16 Re: Clan Creation Open Forum on Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:54 am

Wolfgang

So say for the osada skilled mist?do I still have it or what thsee changes are honestly slightly confusing

____

''Im Like a Dog Chasing Cars, I Wouldn't Know What To Do With One If I Caught It''
D-6 C-4 B-4 A-2 S-0
Suiton-S    Ninjutsu-S
Katon-A     Summoning-B
Futton-A  
http://www.narutosaga.com/t8248-osada-miho-wolfgang
http://www.narutosaga.com/t8251-wolfgangs-jutsu-list#84749
Wolfgang Theme:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg-yYi8saZY#t=30

17 Re: Clan Creation Open Forum on Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:44 pm

Ayakashi

@Wolfgang: If the clan has jutsu still printed on it, you get the jutsu, clans apped after the 15th of November require to use the new template, thus, will not have free jutsu. If you revamp your clan after November 15th, you will have to move to the new template and NEW characters will not have those jutsu for free, they'll need to be paid for and trained like any other library technique.

I assume and thoroughly hope, no character who is in current possession of jutsu, will lose what they already have. Because any clan jutsu lost by clans during revamp, will simply move those jutsu templates to the Clan Hiden section for the corresponding clan. :)

That is my understanding of the change. Hope this helps.

If I'm wrong, I'm sure Jean will correct me.

____

~ Jutsu List ~ Aya's Stats ~ Item Lockup ~ Jutsu Rej ~
Theme Song
Taijutsu SS-Bukijutsu SS-Senjutsu S || Fuuton SS-Suiton SS-Hyouton SS

EP: 5

18 Re: Clan Creation Open Forum on Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:05 pm

Bokuden

S-rank
If the jutsu were not a part of your Jutsu list on or before the date of November 15, you will have to train them as normal.

____

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.