1 Mystic Birds in a Far Away Land [Mission/Syn] on Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:57 pm

Maigo

Mission Details:

Name: Pest Control.
Mission name: Pest Control.
Mission rank: S (Can be SS)
Objective: Extermination.
Reward: 5 EP (S) 10 EP (SS)
Mission description: Some very dangerous creatures are beginning to pop up around the underworld. Choose one of the following and hunt it down (S Rank) or hunt down all of them at the same time (SS Rank).

Mission details: Furutsubaki is hunted in the forest outskirts.

Gashadokuro is known to roam the Deadlands, but no one actually knows where it is....

Aosagibi is rumored to appear in settled areas.

Akkoro is found near the marshy areas around the surrounding rivers.

Aosagibi:

Name: 青鷺火 Aosagibi, the Heron of Blue Fire.
General Appearance: Its azure feathers, almost like scales in appearance, spectacularly reflect any concentrated light cast upon them.
Personality: Rather easily spooked, but otherwise benign. It is actually unknown what made this majestic beast hostile to the denizens of the Underworld.
Abilities: Passively blinds those that look at it, causing a -3 in Perception. Possesses little offensive ability other than pecking and clawing equivalent to a B-rank weapon, as well as a kick that can send one flying up to 20m but does little damage.

It exhales a golden mist onto anyone who comes too close to it, and thus puts them under a Genjutsu which may be broken by A-rank pain or by using A-Rank Kai. The illusion is a dreamland where everything the victim could ever want is present and every wish is fulfilled, making it very difficult to want to break out; it leaves the afflicted in an unending slumber if unbroken.

If one pursues after escaping, it will attempt again but with a bluish-purple dust, wafted over a 30m radius with its wings. This mimics the Hell Viewing Technique on a grand scale, and centered on the target, causing them paralyzing pain and mental trauma that caters to the fears of each person. In contrast with the golden-mist genjutsu, this pain is even greater, and is boosted by 1 rank.

It will continue this cycle, increasing its illusionary power as such cumulatively. The beast requires an A Rank jutsu to immobilize it. Killing it will result in the mission failing.

Other:  By using a paper fan crafted in the Underworld, one can waft the dust back onto the Heron, allowing you to capture it unharmed. Obviously, if you are unable to free yourself from its illusion, it escapes and you fail the mission.

Maigo sat in the tea shop, a few others around but he didn't pay much attention as he sat at a raised stool at the bar, an old woman who served him was behind the counter and ranting as her husband shook his head in annoyed dismay at her stories. She ranted in a raspy tone at him, "Oh yes, yes! The bountiful beast flies often now! It reflects the very city on itself and back down towards them with a beautiful call all the same! I stay awake every night for it, resting on a rocking chair on my porch to see it ever since it started entering into the city." she ranted onwards, the biggest smile on her face for some reason, reminiscing to the bird and it's appearances over the skies of the city. It was evening now, just after dinner and Maigo was wasting time in the city before calling it a night but this old woman's stories were keeping him interested, or rather occupied for the time being as he sipped away at his drink.

Her husband called out while shaking his head, using a ladle to boil a stock of noodles, his voice as fettered as hers if not worse, "Oh leave those guests alone! They don't want to hear your crazy stories and ideas while they eat and relax." Maigo shook his head and waved with a single hand, "No no, it's fine. Better than sitting here with my own thoughts..." he held the same stupid half smile as he always did. The old woman took this as her sign, calling out she leaned over the counter slightly to get into Maigo's face, "They even say that the bird's feathers have magical properties!" she laughed on, Maigo would have loved to ask about it, but he wouldn't have the chance to truly interject.

"I even heard that the police force will pay or reward anyone who can capture the beast and turn it in for them!" she led on with a growing smile... her wrinkled face stretched as she seemed to have some... underlying goal or pitch to sell here. Maigo would raise an eyebrow as he was finally intrigued, he cleared his throat and spoke up, "Well, I suppose I should find this bird for myself, turn it in for a prize and maybe get a few magic feathers while I'm at it... if they're that important and all." he nodded along, her husband turned back to him now, yelling from the other side of the bar, "Oh boy, don't mind her fairy tales! There's no such thing as magic feathers and that birds more trouble than you'll ever care to deal with!" he seemed grumpy. Maybe it was that he didn't want to lose the sight of that bird either, in old age, it would keep him entertained, but here in this underworld age was truly but a number. Perpetually lost in his demeanor and mood, Maigo shook his head in acknowledgment.

The wife though, grew tired of his arguing, she shook her hand at Maigo, "Ooooh, don't mind his anger! If you do find that bird and its feathers, bring me a few would you? Then we'll show all of these skeptics the truth around here." she glanced from the corner of her eye to see her husbands reaction. He grunted along and pretended not to care, Maigo found it a bit adorable, the old couple just ranting and rambling around day to day. It was admirable, living life day to day unlike a ninja, part of the reason he wanted to retire from it and escape it all. But still, even in death, he still found himself intrigued with weird missions and putting himself in danger, even if he couldn't really be hurt, it seemed his personality to seek that thrill, as much as he might hate the underlying tones and themes to it all. It was really the only way he knew to make his living, he couldn't cook, and wasn't a great businessman, couldn't build things or other goods, so he did what he could to get by.

Still, Maigo leaned in the bar a bit, "Alright then, I'm game, when does the bird show up and do you know where it comes from or goes to?" he glanced to the old woman with a devious smile across his face. Waiting for her response with information about the legendary bird, a good place to start hunting it and where to go, otherwise he'd be waiting around for it to show itself and then tracking it from there. Furthermore, he'd have some trouble, since his ninjutsu and weapons were all meant to kill, he'd definitely need to find another way to deal with capturing and restraining the animal.

[824 words]

____

Profile|Jutsu|Locker|Stats|Plot|Maigo's Theme|Battle Theme

I was trying to figure out which was worse, Ignorance or Apathy. And now I realize that I don't know and I don't care. - Maigo Mugetsu

Missions: D-8|C-7|B-4|A-3|S-2|SS-0

Aomine

D-Rank
There was no other term to describe this, it was simply loyalty. Standing side by side with the raikage, the leader of the hidden cloud village- Sanouske Flynt. Ready to fight to the death if need be against these ones that had invaded the peace of this hidden village. Two powerhouses, not doubt beacons of enormous power. The mizukage- Ayakashi and the ex- tschiukage- Akira, they had invaded kumogakure no sato in a brilliant attempt to cut down the head of the snake so that the rest of the body dies. If Syn wasn't opposing them, he would have agreed this to be a great idea. No need for blood shed and sorrows, they didn't have to go through the stress of slaughtering shinobi and civilians before getting to the leader but for the matter at hand, their reason for invading wasn't justified. They probably felt confident that the tide would fall in their favour but not today. The atmosphere tensed as chakra built up within each individual. The mizukage was the first to move while coating her blade with a layer of fuuton chakra. The raikage not holding back, flung forward to meet her as he called down lightening into his sword from the black skies. Thunder clapped as both parties met, their strength resulting in a shockwave that attempted to conquer all that stood in it's path and in that moment, the ex- tschiukage appeared behind Syn in a flash, thrusting his palm right through the jounin's side...

The senju awoke with gasping breaths, looking around him. It was a terrible nightmare and beads of sweat had already formed around his face. It was morning already and he knew that he had over slept but there wasn't any penalty for that since he didn't have to report for any sort of duty like he usually sometimes did back in kumogakure. He had been getting accustomed to some things since he found himself in the underworld. He undressed and walked into the bath tub, sitting in it for more than an hour as he tried to empty his mind. A clouded mind resulted in unclear decisions for him. He was dead but the words of Masashi weren't. Even without any exact posture, he mediated using the cold of the water to soothe his nerves. It took him a while before he got out of the bath as he dried himself and put on a light kimono. He went down to the kitchen and grabbed few slices of bread and a cup of milk, that would do for breakfast. As soon as he was done, he walked to the shelve and picked out one of the latest book he had gotten from the store. As he picked up the book, a piece of paper much like a pamphlet fell out of the book and he picked it up. The message on the piece of paper was talked about a mystical bird that most people didn't seem to believe existed. The writer seemed to be obssessed about the beauty of the animal and didn't fail to express his emotions in the piece of writing. Syn discarded off the piece of paper, the writer must have been the shop keeper and he forgot to remove the paper from the book before Syn bought it.

Seconds turned to minutes and minutes to hour as the day passed by slowly. When Syn got tired of reading, he walked up to his room and changed into a more active wear. This consisted of his camelio armour that he always wore, black pants and black boots, a long knee length long sleeve black jacket and a black leather patch to cover his left eye. He didn't forget to strap the demon's fang at his back and place his ninja pouch and several other scrolls on his person. He had no idea what demons were lurking around but hell yeah he was prepared. As he turned to leave, he sighted the paper fan that lay on the table by his bed side. This item had been left behind by the slit mouth demon and he had seen her blow forth a gust of wind with it so maybe it might come in handy which made him take it along. Exiting his home like someone going on a mission, he headed for the tea shop first to have a drink. After minutes of walking and looking around, he walked into the shop and took a seat at the bar. There were other person on seat too but he wasn't concerned as he requested for a cup of tea. In this underworld, beware of who you talked to. Trickster spirits weren't too far from everywhere. The bartender was a woman and the man behind happened to be her husband. So a couple running a shop eh. So romantic. His tea was brought as he sipped it slowly and the woman who happened to be a story teller began to put on a fine show.
"Oh yes, yes! The bountiful beast flies often now! It reflects the very city on itself and back down towards them with a beautiful call all the same! I stay awake every night for it, resting on a rocking chair on my porch to see it ever since it started entering into the city." Her husband began to oppose her but she didn't mind him as she continued with her fascinating story. There was one that seemed interesting in what she said and he didn't hide his interest as he encouraged the woman to ride on. "They even say that the bird's feathers have magical properties!" Now, her second statement had piqued his curiosity. He merged her second statement along with her first and it was evident that she was talking about this mystical bird that he had read about today in that piece of paper. Could it be true? A mystical bird in this underworld.. Magical properties? Interesting.

"I even heard that the police force will pay or reward anyone who can capture the beast and turn it in for them!" Now this was the real deal. A reward was sure to draw anyone's attention. Everyone sitting at the bar could only look in awe but yet one again was bold enough to proceed with a question after saying that he would like to capture the bird, get the reward and even keep some of it's magical feathers.
"Alright then, I'm game, when does the bird show up and do you know where it comes from or goes to?"
If the senju hadn't found himself in this underworld, he wouldn't have believed that anything like mystical birds were even possible but having encountered a lot of spirits and demons lately, he had no reason to doubt.
"I can't be precise about when the bird shows up or where it comes from.. All I can say is that the bird loves to show off it's beautiful feathers under a source of light so you can either find it where the moon is brightest at night or the same for the sun in the morning. It doesn't visit rowdy areas too. A more settled area is guaranteed." The woman would answer Maigo.
"Perhaps you've been taking more than enough green tea lately.." Her husband would say humourously.. "Oh hush.. You'll see that its true if this young lad manages to bring me just one feather.."

Syn would look at the young man sitting besides him. He couldn't say if he was a ninja in his former life but for someone so enthusiastic, he had to have some skills. "You wouldn't mind me tagging along to see you'd capture this 'creature' all on your own.. Would you?" Syn would say with a smirk gracing his lips..
WC:1329

____

:32

Are You Confident Enough, Guest?

Maigo

"I can't be precise about when the bird shows up or where it comes from.. All I can say is that the bird loves to show off it's beautiful feathers under a source of light so you can either find it where the moon is brightest at night or the same for the sun in the morning. It doesn't visit rowdy areas too. A more settled area is guaranteed." brittle fingers pointed at him with a huge smile from herself. Maigo nodded along with his own smirk as he continued listening in, he had... pretty much enough information to get started? It seemed that he would need to find a way to track the beast down instead of finding its resting place. That was fine, not a problem in the slightest for him, it would only leave the restraining parts as his main struggle. Her husband went on from the corner, "Perhaps you've been taking more than enough green tea lately.." he nodded along frustratingly.

Perhaps he had a point about it all, maybe a bit silly but that wasn't something he was concerned with here in this underworld, "Oh hush.. You'll see that its true if this young lad manages to bring me just one feather.." she rattled on, Maigo nodded to her with a smile. Maigo stood ecstatically and grabbed his cup of tea, a few sips left he downed it all at once and dropped the cup back into its plate with a bit of a clack. With an exhale he straightened himself out as a man next to him spoke up, "You wouldn't mind me tagging along to see you'd capture this 'creature' all on your own.. Would you?" he carried a bit of a smirk about himself.

The man was dressed up in some armor, a thick black jacket and a single eye patch, a ridiculous looking scythe on his back. He certainly seemed... capable perhaps? Maigo was far more lowkey about himself, black pants and sandals on, his typical grey jacket and a white shirt underneath, and his katana tied to his waist with his ninja pouch and a kunai in holster tied to his right thigh. Maigo hummed to himself for a moment before nodding along, "Alright, I could definitely use some help restraining the beast, if you think you can handle that?" Maigo would pose the question, he didn't want to seem... full of himself as he was a jounin but this man also had a rugged quality about him with the eyepatch, it gave him the facade of experience.

Depending on the man's answer, who Maigo figured would agree nonetheless but just in case he decided to decline he would pause for the response. Afterwards, he would stand at the ready and waiting for the man to finish his drink and join him, with a few more hours to kill before the moon would reach its nightly peak. So he'd wait a second for the man before setting off, extending a hand for when he stood up from the bar himself, "The name's Maigo, it'll be a pleasure to hunt with you..." he would leave off and wait for the man, assuming that he was going to join Maigo and were interested in the formalities of it all.

[560 words, 1384 words total]

____

I was trying to figure out which was worse, Ignorance or Apathy. And now I realize that I don't know and I don't care. - Maigo Mugetsu

Aomine

D-Rank
"Alright, I could definitely use some help restraining the beast, if you think you can handle that?" With the young man's response, Syn would then look at him properly and take in all that he saw. The young man had black hair and eyes too. He was putting on a white shirt underneath a grey jacket with black pants and sandals on. Shinobi- like it seemed not to mention the katana that was now visible by his waist. So He did have some skills with the sword eh.. Syn would love to see some sword play he was sure.
"Sure, restraint? I could work something out.." He would reply to the younng man's question. His mind would scan through his arsenal right after he had answered Maigo's question. Depending on how much fight that the creature would put up, he was sure he could more than handle it with Maigo's help.

As soon as he gave his reply, the black haired man stood up and waited as Syn downed the rest of the content in his cup. Extending a hand to the senju, words would come out from his mouth.. "The name's Maigo, it'll be a pleasure to hunt with you..." He said.
Shaking the hand, Syn would reply. "Syn, at your service.. Shall we.." Following after Maigo as he set off. This hunt was going to be pretty interesting.. Breath taking perhaps..

OOC:Sorry bout the short post..
Wc:239

Last edited by Syn on Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:15 am; edited 1 time in total

____

Maigo

"Sure, restraint? I could work something out.." it was a simple reply given but it was all that Maigo really needed to here. If he could handle that much then it would surely cover his bases as far as addressing the bird went. Moments later the man would accept Maigo's greeting and offer his own in return, "Syn, at your service.. Shall we.." Maigo nodded and turned towards the exit of the building. He was definitely a man of few words to say the least, which was good and bad, mostly bad for a talkative sorts like Maigo. And they had some time to kill as well, since they had a few more hours before the moon would hit its peak.

That was no problem though, the first order of business would be to find some high ground, Maigo would lead them through the busy streets, declining to talk unless Syn himself spoke up first. It would take an hour or two to weave through the streets at least, arriving at a location just near the edge of the other side of the city. A tall building in particular, a grand hotel of very nice quality and dimly lit throughout, nearly ten stories up with a few shorted buildings around it and some single story buildings scattered around that.

Maigo would turn to Syn assuming he'd followed him this far, pointing up towards the roof of the building, "I think we can use this as our vantage point for finding and jumping up to the bird. But we still have a little time to kill before it should be appearing." he would turn back to the building and start mapping a path to climb up it, supernatural walking practice for sure would make it easiest.

With the all clear or okay from Syn, Maigo would begin his jumping up, first to a one story building, then two, climbing up to a nearby five story building before jumping into a support beam of the hotel and running up the building vertically. Not long, he'd reach the top, gravel and some antenna scattered around and a door leading to a stairway down below. The breeze was heavy up there, it was also colder marginally along with it, but quieter all the same. Maigo sat down at the edge and looked on to the sky, waiting for the sound or sight of their legendary bird to appear, and the hunt to begin.

[412 words, 1796 words total]

____

Aomine

D-Rank
Maigo led the way through the busy streets without making any comments. Perhaps he was the quiet type? It didn't seem like it. He had been pretty enthusiastic back at the bar and to be this quiet now was making the jounin curious. Maybe he didn't like to mix business with play? He could be one of those people that were strictly about duty and they never joked with it. Well, Syn could not decide yet since they still had few hours to pass before their mystical bird would probably arrive.
It took them more than an hour and they seemed to have arrived at a place that Maigo felt would serve their purpose pretty well. It was a very tall building, possibly a five star hotel. The underworld did have some fine places he had to admit. The hotel was grand and the lights were warm. About ten stories to the sky, several shorter buildings and some one storey buildings scattered around too. A beautiful setting. Maigo turned to Syn, pointing towards the roof of the tenth story.. "I think we can use this as our vantage point for finding and jumping up to the bird. But we still have a little time to kill before it should be appearing.". Syn nodded and followed behind Maigo, first looking at how the black haired made his way up the building. Judging from the way he approached the top, Syn could say that he was faster than him but he wouldn't judge yet since the real fight hadn't even began.. If there was going to be any.

The jounin arrived few seconds later making it seem like he was slower or like he had some difficulty making it to the top. He would approach Maigo who was already sitting at the edge and looking up to the sky probably for any signs of the bird. He too would join and sit on the edge, both of his legs dangling below as he would crunch his knuckles one after the other to make the popping sound. "So.. Maigo.. To my knowledge, many possess the sword but few are worth of wielding it.. Which 'were' you? Shinobi or Samurai?..." He would ask.
Wc:373

Last edited by Syn on Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:14 am; edited 1 time in total

____

Maigo

It was calm above the city, the wind blowing into Maigo's face and pushing his hair out of the way, he diligently watched everything unfolding with the people, like ants below him. Syn took a seat next to him, Maigo's legs dangling off the edge of the building as he kicked them lightly back and forth, his vision moved around the sky and the city as he seemingly scanned for the bird, but really just enjoyed the view.

"So.. Maigo.. To my knowledge, many possess the sword but few are worth of wielding it.. Which 'were' you? Shinobi or Samurai?..." he spoke up after a brief moment, having cracked his knuckles in the short silence, Maigo turned his head with a raised brow, he was certainly observant but Maigo cleared his throat and spoke up, "Oh right, this..." he glanced down at his katana, "I was a shinobi myself, a jounin in the life before this one..." a brief pause as he faded back to short images and memories from life. "The blade isn't much of a skill of mine though, I was really a genjutsu specialist in life. So I'll let you decide if I'm truly worthy of wielding it or not." he nodded and turned away for a brief moment and looked down at the city.

"And what about you? Eye-patch and crazy scythe, some kind of pirate or something like that?" The question was formed partly on a stereotype of the eye-patch but that didn't really change anything, maybe the weapon was a treasured prize or some kind, not that it limited him from anything else, but it was a guess. A childish attempt to be more insightful while they killed time before the bird would arrive.

[298 words, 2094 words total]

[OOC: If you want to write the bird showing up in your post you can, otherwise I'll add it in during my next post~]

____

Aomine

D-Rank
Maigo glanced down at his sword as Syn made the comment, the look on his face changing. "I was a shinobi myself, a jounin in the life before this one..." So he was just like Syn, a shinobi of a hidden village. There was nothing to fear then due to how courageous the black haired ninja had behaved before Syn agreed to go with him on this one. There were strong and weak ninjas tho but he had a feeling that this one had something interesting about him.
"The blade isn't much of a skill of mine though, I was really a genjutsu specialist in life. So I'll let you decide if I'm truly worthy of wielding it or not." A genjutsu specialist.. That's one Syn hardly came across though he had had some encounters. He hated fighting against people with that ability but he had grown so experienced and with the help of his left eye, he could break out of certain imprisonments. It wouldn't be so good to be locked in another prison after finding oneself in one already- the underworld.

Maigo paused, looking down at the city below before speaking.. "And what about you? Eye-patch and crazy scythe, some kind of pirate or something like that?" Syn smirked at the question.. Crazy scythe, pirate thingy. The scythe was monstrous indeed and it looked impossible to wield but Syn was good with it, he trained to be. He didn't know if to let Maigo in on the secret behind the eye patch. He had just met him but they were dead, what did he have to lose.
"So you don't claim to be a master of the blade eh.. So polite I see. Concerning the scythe, its a weapon that requires knowledge of onojutsu to wield. It pretty advantageous in some ways over the sword if you know how to use it efficiently. And the eye- patch.. It's..." Syn would put his right hand to the eye patch about to open it when a loud screeching sound would be heard from the distance. The bird was around and the moon was at it's brightest.
Wc:366

Last edited by Syn on Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

____

Maigo

Syn laughed at Maigo's commentary, well not out loud or anything but Maigo got some reaction out of him before he spoke onwards, "So you don't claim to be a master of the blade eh.. So polite I see. Concerning the scythe, its a weapon that requires knowledge of onojutsu to wield. It pretty advantageous in some ways over the sword if you know how to use it efficiently. And the eye- patch.. It's..." he brought his hand up to the eye patch as Maigo watched in curiosity, he knew Onojutsu and a variety of other weapon skills, but he knew that the man didn't know that.

Instead, their conversation was interrupted by the sound of a bird's cry in the sky, off to their right approached a bird of gigantic size, maybe equivalent to two or almost three of Maigo's own size. It's blue feathers shimmered the moonlight in the sky and some glare from the buildings and windows. It seemed to effortlessly float in the air, preparing to pass just a few meters above the building they were sitting on. Maigo hurriedly stood up and looked towards Syn, "Your stories gonna have to wait a minute, I'll try to engage it up close and bring it to the ground, can you cover me and prepare to restrain it?" he looked onward at Syn and waited for his answer.

Should Syn be ready, and have a bit of a plan, Maigo would crouch down lightly and wait a moment for the bird to get closer. Placing his hands together in a few signs, Hare -> Monkey -> Boar, then gripping his right hand with his left as a stream of raiton chakra pushed out into his right hand, sharingan activated as well. He would jump back onto the roof and pause for a moment, nodding to Syn and waiting for the bird to close in. Then, as the bird would pass by just a few meters from the building, Maigo would dash forward stream of chakra from his hand in tow and jumping off the lip of the roof as a platform to launch himself up. His goal would be to place his Chidori right into the wing of the bird and force it down to the ground.

Well, that was the plan at least, but for Maigo who miscalculated and prepared his jutsu a little... ahead of time, not scouting out the beast in the slightest beforehand. After jumping, it's feathers... more like scales shimmering in the light caught a glare, the light blinded Maigo who flinched in his eyesight. Still in momentum, he held out his arm and crashed into the left wing of the beast before his own momentum carried himself further into the beast. All but tumbling into it as Maigo's Chidori ripped up the flesh of the wing and tearing out some of the birds feathers along with the blood that lightly sprayed from it. Even further beyond that, the bird exhaled a mist of golden dust from its mouth as Maigo approached, his eyes caught the chakra in it immediately. A genjutsu?

His Chidori would momentarily fail after he and the bird would begin to fall, his eyes could see through the genjutsu but not before he would learn its nuances. A world opening up before his eyes, clean and grandeur, he found himself there in a quaint world, surrounded by grasslands in a small house. A family around, a son with sharingan practicing his techniques and a daughter along with that, it was quiet and everything he could have imagined, a quiet and quaint life he'd been searching for, no struggles of shinobi or humanity to ruin anything. No struggles from a village and none of the constant warring. That didn't matter now though, Maigo and the bird were now in a free fall to the street below, the bird screeching as Maigo's sharingan flickered around and tried to grab hold of his surroundings. Hopefully Syn would have stayed back a bit, not getting caught in that genjutsu mist himself. Maigo could handle himself in the fall down, but if the bird wouldn't be restrained soon, things could get a bit out of hand rather quickly.

Not ignoring the people down below that were scattering out of the way as the two fell towards them, the bird screeching out and flapping its one good wing to try and slow its fall.

[751 words, 2845 words total]
[Three Tomoe Sharingan Active]
[260/300 Chakra]

Jutsu Used:

Three Tomoes
This Triple Tomoe, or 'complete Sharingan', is the final form of the basic Sharingan an Uchiha can obtain. To acquire the Triple Tomoe Sharingan, the Uchiha must be a B-Rank/Special Jounin Shinobi, and must go through a traumatic or life-threatening experience. This experience can be done with NPCs, but must have a word count of at least 3000. Once this requirement is met, the event that unlocked your Sharingan must be posted in your jutsu registration and be approved as though you were apping a technique. You must also pay a 2000 ryo fee.

Powers of the Three Tomoe Sharingan:

• During this mode, the visual reaction time of the Uchiha is increased by one tier, meaning someone with Reaction Time trained up to D-0 will have D-1 Reaction Time.
  • The Uchiha can see the chakra of anyone within 100m. They can see chakra pathways, and can judge by the flow of the chakra how they are priming an attack and what nature it will be [eg before someone spits a fireball out, the Uchiha can see the chakra traveling up their throat and can tell by it's appearance it's fire based]
  • The Uchiha can see through genjutsu of up to A rank effortlessly, and can tell when someone other than themselves is effected by a genjutsu of S rank and below by the changes in their chakra pathways. This also allows them to see through non-shadow clone duplicates.
  • The Three Tomoe Sharingan gives the Uchiha the ability to predict the movement of their opponent based off even the finest twitches of their muscles. This is projected as a "silhouette" of where the enemy will end up based off their movement, allowing the Uchiha to "foresee" where a blow will land and dodge it ahead of time.

When active, the Three Tomoe Sharingan consumes Fifteen chakra a post.

Name: Chidori {千鳥 ~ One Thousand Birds}
Canon/Custom: Canon
Type: Offensive
Element: Raiton
Range Short [On Contact]
Specialty: Ninjutsu
Duration: Instantaneous
Cooldown: 4 Posts
Description: This technique channels a large amount of lightning chakra to the user's hand. The amount of chakra is so great that it becomes vlearly visible. The high concentration of electricity produces a sound reminiscent of many birds chirping, earning the technique its namesake. Once the technique is completed, the user charges forward and thrusts the Chidori into the target. The concentrated raiton chakra allows this jutsu to pierce directly through a person, cutting through any flesh and bone along the way, inflicting major 3rd degree burns on the affected area, as well as any armor/protective equipment of A-Rank or below. This jutsu's maximum piercing power however, can only be achieved if performed with the momentum of a rapid charge. If the user does not perform the dash the technique loses an entire rank's worth of potency, becoming capable of piercing a maximum of 3 inches into the target while only inflicting major 2nd degree burns on the affected area. Alternatively, the jutsu can be used to simply electrocute an opponent without impaling them, although use in this manner is considerably less devastating than its primary function, assassination. When used for basic electrocution, the jutsu will leave minor 3rd degree burns upon direct contact with the skin (major 2nd degree through clothing) and is typically used to disarm or halt a target in their tracks.

This jutsu is not without its inherent risks. Due to the speed at which the technique is performed with a full charge that is linear (once in motion, the user can only move in one direction while maintaining that piercing power, sharp turns become impossible, while wide, arching turns are cumbersome) this jutsu creates a "tunnel-vision" effect for the user(FOV becomes 114 degrees), making it incredibly easy for opponents to set up traps or counterattack from a blind spot while the user is tunneling. It is for this reason that the use of this technique has become frowned upon by shinobi that do not possess the means to counteract this drawback, such as the Sharingan.

____

Aomine

D-Rank
"Your stories gonna have to wait a minute, I'll try to engage it up close and bring it to the ground, can you cover me and prepare to restrain it?" Maigo said as the bird came into view. Gigantic it was with blue feathers that looked like they were made out of costly silk. Everything about the bird reflected the light of the moon, giving it a more elegant and supreme look. It was magnificent indeed. Without wasting anytime, Syn nodded as Maigo began the assault. Crouching a bit, he waited for the bird to come closer and once it had, the young man stringed together some hand seals as he gripped his right hand with his left, static lightening covering his hand with a screeching sound. He jumped back onto the roof, looking at Syn as the jounin suddenly noticed the change in his eyes. They were red and they had  three comma like sign in them. These were no doubt the three sharingan and the person before him was an uchiha? Interesting but Syn did not know how the young man would handle it when he found out that a non- uchiha had the sharingan. Syn would have to deal with the issue anyway if it came down to that.

As the bird flew past the building they were standing on by just a few meters, Maigo gave chase with the stream of lightening in his hand. He was definetly going for a fatal hit so Syn would have no trouble restraining it. Nice plan. Easier said than done though. Maigo leapt off the roof heroically with Syn already following close behind but the young man hadn't taken everything into account. The bird's reflective feathers were not just for fancy as they seemed to have blinded Maigo for a few seconds. As a result, he lost focus but still managed to ram the stream of lightening in the beast's left wing. The wings were ripped, blood spilled and feathers fell as the beast exhaled a golden colored mist as a form of retaliation. Syn had no idea what this was but he was alert. Caught up in the mist, Maigo's chidori died down as both he and the bird began to fall. Shit! Syn still had to deal with the mist appraoching. He didn't have any wind techniques but he had something. Reaching for his pouch, he brought out the slit mouth demon's fan and with a powerful swing, a gust of wind sent the mist back in the other direction.

The jounin could hear the bird screeching as it was falling. Syn dashed down the building, his speeds almost on par with the force of their fall. The bird which was flapping one wing, trying to slow it's fall would soon be met with another assault. On a second thought, could Maigo handle himself? Syn would trust him to. The jounin would toss one explosive tagged shuriken towards the bird's direction before stringing together the Ram → Rat → Bird → Boar → Tiger hand seals as the shuriken would multiply a thousand times though only one would be explosive. Upon contact, the tag would explode or if met by any resistance. Syn knew such a bird wouldn't be taken down by such an explosion. It was merely to weaken it. He did hope Maigo would get out of range or else....
Wc:571

Last edited by Syn on Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

____

Maigo

Free-fall. Wind blowing past his hair, his eyes weaved through the illusion and found the reality in all of it. He moved around, reached for the bird, covering half the distance to the ground, he briefly saw Syn jump down after them. Forming signs and tossing a shuriken down after, Maigo copied the signs and the jutsu, watching as a seemingly infinite number of shuriken formed out of thin air.

Then, the shuriken would begin to fly, Maigo reached down to the birds wing and tried to pull himself underneath the beast to cover himself from the barrage but that would be a mistake. The bird would reach its leg up, gripping Maigo and kicking him away, crashing into the hotel building they were falling past. Broken glass shattered as Maigo rolled through it, lots of little cuts from the shards as he rolled across the floor and the bird fell past him. Shrieks from a woman and a grunt from a man came up, a couple that probably didn't expect Maigo's entrance. Luckily, just on a couch together, he began to stand up tiredly, first hearing a thud as the bird no doubt hit the ground with cries and then a small explosion after the fact. Certainly, Syn was kicking things up a notch, he only hoped that the bird wouldn't have been killed by anything he was doing.

A bit groggy, his eyes were focused in reality, he dragged himself to his feet one limb at a time, and smiled while waving towards the couple before heading towards the window and looking down. There he'd find the bird severely wounded and hopefully being restrained by a Syn who hadn't been too far behind him before he was kicked away from the bird.

[300 words, 3145 words total]
[Three Tomoe Sharingan Active]
[Used copy wheel on Shadow Shuriken Jutsu]

Jutsu Used:

Name: Copy Wheel Eye (Sharingan ~ 写輪眼)
Canon/Custom: Canon
Type: Supplementary
Element: N/A
Range: Within eyesight
Specialty: Doujutsu [Two Tomoe Sharingan or Above]
Duration: N/A
Cooldown: None
Description: The Copy Wheel Eye is a side-effect of the Sharingan, usable by any Sharingan user at any time when they have two Tomoes or above active, and is the iconic technique after which the Doujutsu itself is named. By using the ability of the Sharingan to observe the minute details of a technique, down to the very muscle twitches and the composition of the chakra, the Sharingan user essentially takes a "snap shot" of the state the Shinobi is in when performing this technique. This allows them to learn the most subtle neuance of a technique rapidly, allowing them to learn it without dedicating the time most Shinobi would have to. The Chakra cost of this jutsu is equal to the chakra cost of the technique being learned. Once you can cite the technique having been seen the required number of times, you must link those times in your Jutsu registration where you App the copied technique. You are still required to pay the ryo cost for Jutsu learned with the Copy Wheel, but you do not have to train them. Using the copy wheel to train a new specialization or rank up a specialization with a teacher halves the word count requirement for doing so. Teacher must be another player's character.
E-B Rank Techniques: Must see the technique performed once to learn it.
A Rank Techniques: Must see the technique performed twice [Once if Tsukuyomi Path] to learn it.
S Rank Techniques: Must see the technique performed three [Twice if Tsukuyomi Path] times to learn it.
SS Rank Techniques: Must see the technique performed four times [Three if Tsukuyomi Path] to learn it.

____

Aomine

D-Rank
The stupid bird had thankfully kicked Maigo out of range as the ninja tried to hurt the bird the more. Maigo's crash through the window would have been painful but not as painful as the damage that would soon be inflicted on this helpless bird. Having no way to defend the incoming attack, the bird was caught up in the explosion as several feathers were freely falling to the ground along with the bird that had almost lost consciousness. The jounin did not need to waste anymore time since the bird was well within range. They were done weaknening it, now they needed to contain it. Syn would look up once at the room that Maigo had crashed into while hoping that he was fine before he would look down at the bird once again. As syn would approach the bird, the once elegant creature would exhale a purple colored mist that was rapidly approaching in Syn's direction but the jounin would blow it back towards the creature with the slit mouth's fan as the bird would now get a taste of it's own dose.

Once within range, the jounin would string together some hand seals and clap his palms together as thick timbers would form a holding cell around the bird, containing it. Syn's work was done here and fighting alongside Maigo wasn't bad either. He knew the boy would be able to take it from here and with that he would leave the scene with a single feather. The boy could have whatever rewards came with capturing this mystical beast.
WC:268
Twc:3146/3000
Mission complete
Exit

____

Maigo

Maigo glanced down, sharingan still active, he watched as the man formed seal and spread out a green chakra, a unique wood formed and took hold of the wounded beast to restrain it. It cried out, moaned, loudly chirped or whatever noises else a wounded bird would make, Maigo leaned out slowly, letting his head fall first to the scene below him, eventually somersaulting downward and flipping so that he would land on his feet first, a long drop but he took the shock well.

Landing on his feet and dropping to nearly kneeling, he quickly stood back up to acknowledge Syn and their job complete. From there, it would be as simple as notifying the authorities and bringing them out to confirm the birds capture, making sure that he grabbed a couple of the mystical birds feathers before departing, knowing that the old woman would for sure want one for herself.

[152 words, 3297 words total]
[Mission Complete]
[Exit Thread]

____

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.