You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Updates Discussion Open Forum Vol. 1 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:22 pm

Bokuden

S-rank
Coinciding with the official publishing of the first in Naruto Saga's new Updates series, this thread will serve as a means of the member base voicing any questions they may have about the substance or nature of the updates. I will do my best to provide answers to incoming questions daily. Thank you in advance.

Note: This thread is meant only for members to voice questions or concerns directly related to the update to be answered by me. Do not answer the questions of, or carry on conversations with other members within this thread. Replies that do not adhere to this standard will be deleted.

____

"Good and evil are just words. It is not my place to judge their worthiness."

Character Bio | Jutsu List | Item Locker

Bukijutsu-SS|Ninjutsu-SS|Fuuinjutsu-D|Medical-D||Raiton-SS|Suiton-SS|Katon-S|Doton-D

Mission List: D:12 | C:4 | B:3 | A:6 | S:2 | SS:0

2 Re: Updates Discussion Open Forum Vol. 1 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:26 pm

Syekren Uchiha

Updates Questions:

1.) Noticed the Hokage's residence update. Are there going to be additions to each village for their respective Kage's Manse?

2.) ANBU Headquarters in each village, will those be coming in an Update?

3.) Will there be training updates soon to include the changes from "Official Announcements" thread such as the training between threads rule(1,000 words from each at least if splitting training).

Last edited by Syekren Uchiha on Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:36 pm; edited 2 times in total

____

Ninjutsu: S | Taijutsu: A | Genjutsu: B | Katon: S | Raiton: S | Fuuton : B

D: 6 | C: 5 | B: 4 | A: 3| S: 0

"The tallest mountain started as a stone,
I once was weak but now I've grown."

3 Re: Updates Discussion Open Forum Vol. 1 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:34 pm

Bokuden

S-rank
Syekren Uchiha wrote:1.) Noticed the Hokage's residence update. Are there going to be additions to each village for their respective Kage's Manse?

There are currently no plans to create the equivalent of a Hokage's Residence in each village.

Syekren Uchiha wrote:2.) ANBU Headquarters in each village, will those be coming in an Update?

There are currently no plans to create an ANBU Headquarters in each village.

Syekren Uchiha wrote:3.) Will there be training updates soon to include the changes from "Official Announcements" thread such as the training between threads rule(1,000 words from each at least if splitting training).

Training reform is on the table. Until they are published, things will continue on as they were. If it becomes a a problem I will issue an official statement clarifying whatever issue arises.

____

Bukijutsu-SS|Ninjutsu-SS|Fuuinjutsu-D|Medical-D||Raiton-SS|Suiton-SS|Katon-S|Doton-D

4 Re: Updates Discussion Open Forum Vol. 1 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:36 pm

Syekren Uchiha

Thank you, Final Question

Mission Guideline updates: I just completed an A-Rank mission(And some people are on missions or finished missions before the updates were posted) those who finished them but haven't gotten paid, do we have to redo the posts to match new counts or do we get the old rate for the mission instead of the new? And do the people currently on missions need to match the new counts now? EDIT: Can we no longer create S-Rank missions? There are none on the site as of yet for me to take and I need two to get to S-Rank.

Last edited by Syekren Uchiha on Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

____

Ninjutsu: S | Taijutsu: A | Genjutsu: B | Katon: S | Raiton: S | Fuuton : B

D: 6 | C: 5 | B: 4 | A: 3| S: 0

"The tallest mountain started as a stone,
I once was weak but now I've grown."

5 Re: Updates Discussion Open Forum Vol. 1 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:51 pm

Nayoko

Jounin
In a similar vein as Sye, I have already had an A-Rank mission approved for me to take. Can I still take this one alone or do I need to find a partner now?

Thanks!

____

"I've made a deal with the devil in me. Pray you don't see the product of that deal."

Profile | Plot | Jutsu | Stats | Locker | Personal Theme | Battle Theme

~Ninjutsu {S} | Taijutsu {S} | Senjutsu {B} | Suiton {S} | Fuuton {A} | Doton {C}~
~D [2] | C [2] | B [7] | A [2] | S [0]~
Passives: Speed: +2, Perception: +1, Reaction Time: +2

6 Re: Updates Discussion Open Forum Vol. 1 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:58 pm

Santaku Nariko

Genin
'Social' Missions.
- I noticed we can no longer solo missions of a higher rank, yet as it currently stands we require most of our missions to be exactly those of a higher rank for ranking purpose. The new updates thus pushes people to have even more 'socials' as it stands - social missions.
While 'social missions' on are not the problem on their own, we need to open our eyes to a new problem, one that has been persistently suffered by many more than just myself: activity, or the lack thereof, and the effects it has on character growth pace, character development (plot), social thread count and, with the new update, mission thread count as well.

Are there any ideas in the works to tackle the potential of 'dead threads', as with the new update this becomes an even greater risk? Personally, I'm rather reluctant about seeing an update go live that expects more reliance on unreliable variables as these.

- Crime Missions.
While I have no trouble with calculations myself, perhaps a properly written out overview of minimum word count like the one in the mission topic might be interesting for those who don't like to calculate as much. Clarity, and all that.

____

[Threads] 1/5
[Missions] 0/2

7 Re: Updates Discussion Open Forum Vol. 1 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:17 pm

Hiroyuki Inuzuka

Genin
Did we just remove the ability to make new S-rank missions? Or is that an error in the guide?

____

But there's a hope that's waiting for you in the dark
You should know you're beautiful just the way you are
And you don't have to change a thing
The world could change its heart
No scars to your beautiful, we're stars and we're beautiful

Hiroyuki || Kamizuki || Jutsu || Locker || Rank Up Tracker

8 Re: Updates Discussion Open Forum Vol. 1 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:26 pm

Bokuden

S-rank
Syekren Uchiha wrote:Mission Guideline updates: I just completed an A-Rank mission(And some people are on missions or finished missions before the updates were posted) those who finished them but haven't gotten paid, do we have to redo the posts to match new counts or do we get the old rate for the mission instead of the new? And do the people currently on missions need to match the new counts now?

All missions taken and completed before the missions update went live are grandfathered in and exempt from the changes.

Syekren Uchiha wrote:Can we no longer create S-Rank missions?

I don't recall including that in the guidelines. I would generally advise against members creating S-Rank missions on their own (as in, without consulting the head of their village), especially if they are intended to be trivial one-off's solely for the sake of rank ups. I expect S-Rank applications to be highly scrutinized due to their importance. That being said, it is still possible.

In a similar vein as Sye, I have already had an A-Rank mission approved for me to take. Can I still take this one alone or do I need to find a partner now? wrote:

Approved before the updates went live? You're fine completing it under the old requirements.

Santaku Nariko wrote:-I noticed we can no longer solo missions of a higher rank, yet as it currently stands we require most of our missions to be exactly those of a higher rank for ranking purpose. The new updates thus pushes people to have even more 'socials' as it stands - social missions.
While 'social missions' on are not the problem on their own, we need to open our eyes to a new problem, one that has been persistently suffered by many more than just myself: activity, or the lack thereof, and the effects it has on character growth pace, character development (plot), social thread count and, with the new update, mission thread count as well.

Are there any ideas in the works to tackle the potential of 'dead threads', as with the new update this becomes an even greater risk? Personally, I'm rather reluctant about seeing an update go live that expects more reliance on unreliable variables as these.

Everything is on the table to be redone, including rank up requirements. That being said, I have no intention or desire to make ranking up easier or enable individuals to speed through the ranks solo. If greater autonomy over the process on an individual level is what is desired, you should also expect to see significantly higher barriers to entry for the individual.

Santaku Nariko wrote:While I have no trouble with calculations myself, perhaps a properly written out overview of minimum word count like the one in the mission topic might be interesting for those who don't like to calculate as much. Clarity, and all that.

I will take your suggestion into consideration.

Hiroyuki Inuzuka wrote:Did we just remove the ability to make new S-rank missions? Or is that an error in the guide?

It was an error that has since been corrected. SS-Rank missions are the only level that has been removed from public use for the moment.

____

9 Re: Updates Discussion Open Forum Vol. 1 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:30 pm

Taeru

Chuunin
A question on the mission payments.

With the new payments having been places up, is that now the payment for all missions of that rank or do the missions remain at the stated payment on the missions themselves? (For example: the new guidelines say the mission payments for a D rank mission is 150 ryo [+75 for crime] but in the mission details [due to them being old] say the ryo payment is 90.)

____

Taeru's Theme.
Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo
~Oderint Dum Metuant~
Completed Missions: D-4 C-4 B-3 A-1 S-0

10 Re: Updates Discussion Open Forum Vol. 1 on Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:58 am

Bokuden

S-rank
Taeru wrote:With the new payments having been places up, is that now the payment for all missions of that rank or do the missions remain at the stated payment on the missions themselves? (For example: the new guidelines say the mission payments for a D rank mission is 150 ryo [+75 for crime] but in the mission details [due to them being old] say the ryo payment is 90.)

All missions taken after the release of this morning's updates will go by the word count and rewards values outlined in the new guidelines. If the mission in question was taken previously, it shall go by the values it was taken under.

____

11 Re: Updates Discussion Open Forum Vol. 1 on Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:15 am

Oberon

Genin
Just to make sure I am understanding this. I was approved for 2 C-Rank missions before this update however I have not started the thread so I still allowed to do them as a solo and be paid the original price instead of the updated price, right?

12 Re: Updates Discussion Open Forum Vol. 1 on Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:45 am

Ayakashi

Under the new guidelines, this issue isn't quite clear, previously, say, a higher rank character Say A rank as an example, would be able to take a C rank character on an A rank mission. With the new Guides it says that missions can only be taken at equal rank or one rank higher if you have another person, but, assuming that the person taking the mission is of the appropriate rank, can lower rank characters still tag along and earn the rewards as normal?

I would assume so, because that's just good for site activity and people threading together. Ie. a teacher may want to take their student on a high ranking mission and use them for one reason or another. So, would they get rewarded as normal?

The person who is 'taking' the mission is of the appropriate rank as per the rules.

If that's not the case i think the rules should be tweaked to specify "all participants looking to be rewarded for the mission must be of the appropriate ranks" etc. Rather than just, the person taking the mission.

:)

____

~ Jutsu List ~ Aya's Stats ~ Item Lockup ~ Jutsu Rej ~
Theme Song
Taijutsu SS-Bukijutsu SS-Senjutsu S || Fuuton SS-Suiton SS-Hyouton SS

EP: 5

13 Re: Updates Discussion Open Forum Vol. 1 on Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:07 pm

Midori

As a non-mission one, I noticed within the updates that there's a "Kage" thread and a Saga Timeline thread, but neither are accessible at this time. I am unsure if this is intentional or not, but, I'm just curious.

____

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Kugutsu (S) - Medical Ninjutsu (S) - Fuinjutsu (D) - Fuuton (S) - Doton (C)

14 Re: Updates Discussion Open Forum Vol. 1 on Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:12 pm

Bokuden

S-rank
Oberon wrote:Just to make sure I am understanding this. I was approved for 2 C-Rank missions before this update however I have not started the thread so I still allowed to do them as a solo and be paid the original price instead of the updated price, right?

Yes.

Ayakashi wrote:Under the new guidelines, this issue isn't quite clear, previously, say, a higher rank character Say A rank as an example, would be able to take a C rank character on an A rank mission. With the new Guides it says that missions can only be taken at equal rank or one rank higher if you have another person, but, assuming that the person taking the mission is of the appropriate rank, can lower rank characters still tag along and earn the rewards as normal?

I would assume so, because that's just good for site activity and people threading together. Ie. a teacher may want to take their student on a high ranking mission and use them for one reason or another. So, would they get rewarded as normal?

The person who is 'taking' the mission is of the appropriate rank as per the rules.

If that's not the case i think the rules should be tweaked to specify "all participants looking to be rewarded for the mission must be of the appropriate ranks" etc. Rather than just, the person taking the mission.

This will be taken into consideration.

Midori wrote:As a non-mission one, I noticed within the updates that there's a "Kage" thread and a Saga Timeline thread, but neither are accessible at this time. I am unsure if this is intentional or not, but, I'm just curious.

My apologies. It was an issue with the forum permissions. It should be taken care of. Please inform me if the issue arises again.

____

15 Re: Updates Discussion Open Forum Vol. 1 on Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:19 pm

Hanbei~

Special Jounin
Yo, My info in kiri had it stated that Ayakashi was the 16th Mizukage. Would you like me to change that?

____

"I'm the 109th star of Destiny~!"

Hanbei's Skills ~ Hanbei Guanyin ~ Hanbei's Gear ~ Hanbei's Reg

Nin = S ~ Med = S || Fuu = S ~ Rai = S

16 Re: Updates Discussion Open Forum Vol. 1 on Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:49 pm

Bokuden

S-rank
Hanbei~ wrote:Yo, My info in kiri had it stated that Ayakashi was the 16th Mizukage. Would you like me to change that?

Whether or not you change it is up to you. Anything outside of the newly designated area is considered non-canon as far as I'm concerned.

____

17 Re: Updates Discussion Open Forum Vol. 1 on Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:15 pm

Akimoto

Genin
Extra words used for additional Ryo payout still count as part of the mission, and as such cannot be used for any other purpose."

Does this mean that extra words won't be used for training? Just a quick question :)

Also,

Characters may request missions up to one rank higher than their own, however, doing so necessitates the assistance of at least one other Player Character.

Does that mean a genin can't go on a C-rank missions alone? Since it is stated that
C-rank - Assigned to more experienced genin or chūnin.

Thank you for the provided answers (in advance) :)

____

Mission count: [D-2], [C-0], [B-0], [A-0], [S-0]

18 Re: Updates Discussion Open Forum Vol. 1 on Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:57 pm

Bokuden

S-rank
Hoshigaki Akimoto wrote:Does this mean that extra words won't be used for training?

If one decides to use their excess word count to increase their ryo payout, no they may not "double dip" and use it for training.

Hoshigaki Akimoto wrote:Does that mean a genin can't go on a C-rank missions alone?

Yes.

____

19 Re: Updates Discussion Open Forum Vol. 1 on Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:57 am

Zinan

Genin
I noticed the new post in the update thread. It states that the rank up for special jonin has been fixed to be in line with the rest of the ranking requirements. I also noted that from Genin to Chunin, as well as Jonin to S-rank, the requirements are different than C to B, and B to A.

Is the requirement for ranking up supposed to be two missions of the same rank ninja as your character with one from the next rank up, or is it intentionally different for D to C and A to S?

____

Caught like a fly
In a web of your lies
It's truth be told now
Or it's meet your demise...

Character | Theme Song | Jutsu | Locker | Stats

Missions:
Social: 1 | D-Rank: 5 | C-Rank: 1 | B-Rank: 0 | A-Rank: 0 | S-Rank: 0 | SS-Rank: 0

20 Re: Updates Discussion Open Forum Vol. 1 on Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:09 am

Mitsuo

Zinan wrote:I noticed the new post in the update thread. It states that the rank up for special jonin has been fixed to be in line with the rest of the ranking requirements. I also noted that from Genin to Chunin, as well as Jonin to S-rank, the requirements are different than C to B, and B to A.

Is the requirement for ranking up supposed to be two missions of the same rank ninja as your character with one from the next rank up, or is it intentionally different for D to C and A to S?

I already fixed this, it was pointed out to me right after I posted it. It is now correctly 1 of the same rank, 2 above.

____

~Item Locker~Sarutobi Mitsuo~Jutsu List~Mitsuo's Tracker~

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to Masashi Kishimoto.