You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Do bandits go boom? [Mission | Katsumi] on Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:28 pm

Taeru

avatar



Mission:
Mission name: Collapse the Tunnel!
Mission rank: B
Objective: Save EVERYONE
Location: Bordercamps
Reward: 500 ryo +3 EP
Mission Description: “We can’t hold on here! This place is overrun! How the hell did they find the tunnel!? … We can’t outrun them like this! You! Take a team, and take this ignition switch. It’ll detonate the charge we set further down the tunnel, but you have to get close to use it because of the walls.”
Mission Details: One of the many Iwa escape tunnels they used to enter the nation has been overrun with bandits of varying ranks, chasing Iwa ninja back up the tunnels and into their country. But, least you all be cut down, you’ve been chosen with 5 other ninja to face the tide, and attempt to blow the charges to cut off the enemy.

The cave is filled with Bandits of varying ranks between D-B and the occasional A. All have X-1 stats of their ninja rank as well as Bukijutsu. All of them are wearing mixed armors of heavy and light of their ninja rank as well as weapons of all shapes and sizes. Note: Only the charges will collapse the tunnel due to the chakra reinforced stone the walls and ceiling are comprised of. Must be within 20m to blow the charges.


Her fingers would graze over her left eyes socket and then her left brow, the tips of her fingers tracing along the damage. Each thin, ridged or dented scarred of scaring would only draw the memory closer in her mind’s eye.  

“I don’t want no information from the likes of you.” Giving a strained grunt the female would drop a decent sized rucksack to the ground before pushing her hair from her face, she was pretty... at least on the outside. “I’ll make sure they see what I do when your looked at bitch.” Taeru would simply continue to watch the pretty featured woman before her, so angry and venomous. Not without reason, Taeru knew this to be true however when two of the lower ranking boys entered, following behind the female like whipped dogs, these two would be responsible for keeping her held down. Which would look his stomach first? The boys would take up their positions, careful all the while not to be touched by Taeru as they shifted through signs before tugging on her bindings.  Stumbling at first as they dragged her along before finding her footing, her legs shakey, for how long she hadn‘t been allowed to stand was lost on her. From the ground, Taeru's gaze would rise only to feel the blunt force of a flat object wielded by the female. losing her balance she would begin to drop backwards, aided in the movement, the two boys pulling on her bindings. only when her back connected to a ridge slab of stone her a noise leave her, the sound choked as the wind quickly evacuated her lungs followed by a splutter as she attempted to regain her breathing, yet they would not pause, drawing her hands down. Her feet would scramble for a decent footing realising that they wouldn't be raising her any higher along the slab. Tiptoeing to keep her back from arching too much, was it higher this time? Only her back and head rested against the slab, the base of her back and rump hovering uncomfortably.  Just above her head, the pretty female would roll out a cloth, the clanking of tools evident. She knew what was coming. Straps enhanced with the stench of fear filled chakra would pin her head in place pressing her face to the right to expose the left side. Her blood red orb would lock onto the female, staring up at her. The first cut, almost too shallow to make a difference but deeper and deeper they would come, the more confident the female felt. Pressing the blade against Taeru’s cheek just below her eye, the tip of the blade sitting against her eye socket as the girl lent over her to speak, the grin spread manicly along her features, “They’ll never look at you that way again. He won't ever again.” Isn't jealousy a sin? Taeru could barely remember the last time she had peering into a mirror but had she changed that much, for the female to feel so compelled to wound her face? Only then would a mirror be hoisted into place above her head. Their intent to make her watch her own mutilation...

Screams? Something that at that moment didn’t quite fit, it was a different kind of scream. The focus would return to her eyes, the glaze slowly retreating, the sounds getting louder. An attack? Pushing quickly to her feet she would secure the fabric into place to cover the left side of her face again. Shielding it from both the sun and the view of others as she sprinted from the tent. The air was electric and the noise almost deafening as a man that had clearly been on his way to her tent shouted over the noise, “WE NEED TO SEAL THE HIDDEN PASSAGE CLOSEST TO THE CAMP!  WE NEED TO TAKE IT DOWN, THERE'S TOO MANY BANDITS. WE'VE GOT OUR HANDS FULL HERE, WE CAN SPARE FIVE MEN, TAKE YOUR PICK, HERE TAKE THIS! YOU’LL HAVE TO GET CLOSE ENOUGH TO THE  CHARGE TO DETONATE IT.” As quick as the man had come he was off into the fray again. Looking down at her hands at the switch her gaze would snap up looking around, seeking out the faces of the shinobi.




Word count: 728.



Last edited by Taeru on Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total


____

Taeru's Theme.
Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo
~Oderint Dum Metuant~
Completed Missions: D-4 C-4 B-6 A-2 S-0

2 Re: Do bandits go boom? [Mission | Katsumi] on Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:51 pm

Katsumi

avatar

Genin
Shouting or whatever it was broke Katsumi's quiet concentration. Something was happening and interrupted his sleep, or something close to it. Laying there on the cot within his own tent and resting with his eyes closed and hands folded over his stomach, laying to look upwards and thinking on whatever random rants or thoughts crossed his mind. It was like chaos for an instant as his eyes burst open more annoyed than worried. But as it continued on, his worry grew and quickly he turned to slide his feet into his sandals and tied his weapons pouch to his waist. It took mere moments before he cautiously stepped through the flap of his tent and looked around him to figure out what was going on.

There was the clash of clanking steel in the distance and a popping noise like a jutsu going off or ending something. Like the beginning of the battle as Katsumi's eyes darted around and took in the calm chaos of the scene that was building around him. His eyes looked down the street, maybe a block away as a man had turned and run off past him without saying a word or motioning in the slightest towards Katsumi. Headed in the direction of the battle, Katsumi turned the opposite way and looked further down the street, seeing that girl from the other day with the poker game standing in the street looking around. It was a lapse in judgment as he glanced towards her and gave her the slightest instance of eye contact, something to connect the two of them as she looked around as well.

Still, Katsumi didn't want to impose but felt the sting of his mistake as he knew a bit about her and the look on her face. The image of wanting to help but what could Katsumi do in this situation? Caught off guard by an enemy that was making an impression against the entire camp. What could a simple genin with almost no combat experience offer in this situation? Maybe he could nod and step back in his tent to hide it out, or would that be cowardly? His life was meant to become stronger and this was how but what worth was his life if he threw it away needlessly in a situation like this?

What good was his deceit? None of it mattered as the clammering and cold sweat grew on his hand as he felt the freezing in his back. Wondering how much of this he gave off in his presence or stance, his eyes would flicker down and away for a moment before heading back towards her to see if she was acting on instinct or if she would do what he imagined was coming to him. Being dragged off into the haste of it, against his will or not.


[478 words]

3 Re: Do bandits go boom? [Mission | Katsumi] on Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:30 am

Taeru

avatar



Scanning the faces around her, her piercing and unwavering gaze would pick out the faces of some she knew and who’s talents she had noted for times such as these. Her strides strong and with purpose as she blocked out the noise of battle about them, her focus returned in full and her heavily accented voice strong, “Kurosawa... Ikeda... Hashimoto... Kita. Follow, we have a mission” With each step she would part the chaos calling forth those she would take with her, her voice holding a command to its tone, one that would be etched across with every syllable she spoke. And in sute, they would file in step about her stride. And in turn, her gaze would lock with Katsumi’s and for just a moment she would wonder.  

Kurosawa, Danuji, close combat, hand to hand taijutsu specialist, donton and suiton. Ikeda, Aito, long range, ninjutsu and iyrojutsu specialist, doton and katon. Hashimoto, Chiharu, mid to long range specialist of ninjutsu, doton, and raiton and finally Kita, Hiroka mid to long range, kyujutsu specialist, raiton, doton, and katon. Each useful in their own ways and she would guide them away from battle yet they would follow her regardless. With her gaze locked upon Katsumi, a flicker of surprise would set a twinge in her chest as he stepped to her and her makeshift squad causing a smile to twinge the right corner of her lips up. This time she would speak to Katsumi as she neared him, “Your skills of sleight of hand will come in useful, follow and I shall inform all of you of our simple mission.” She would continue past, expecting him to follow. She would slip between the tents and out of the camp heading towards the secret tunnels that connected Iwagakure to the now forsaken lands of Kaze no Kuni.  

“As I am sure you all realize, we are under attack. Bandits.”
She would inhale, drawing in the scents about her, deeply, enough to fill her lungs. The scents about her, of her comrades, of the enemies. “Kita, Hiroka and Ikeda, Aito, the two of you will hand back at the entrance of the tunnel, you will be our back up and give us cover in fire, Chiharu, Hashimoto, you will follow us down and halt when I say, You will also give cover in fire as needed. Danuja, Kurosawa, both yourself and I shall enter deep within the womb of the tunnel.” She would fall into step beside Katsumi, not only to ensure that they kept their pace up but also to hold out the detonator for him to take as the others fell into step beside the two. All of them knowing and adjusting to the roles they had been given. “We shall protect Katsumi at all costs. Our objective is to eradicate the enemy within our path and destroy the tunnel. This switch will detonate a rigging of bombs within the tunnel but we must get close enough for it to work. This will be hard.” Her gaze would flicker to Katsumi for a moment, “I’ve seen how your hands and in part how your mind works, you can do this and we shall protect you. If we fail more bandits will make it through and our camp may very well fall. We all need to bear this in mind.” As she finished speaking the tunnel would come into view around a hundred and fifty yards away, like a great gaping black mouth waiting to swallow them.






Word count: 588.
Total word count: 1316.


____

Taeru's Theme.
Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo
~Oderint Dum Metuant~
Completed Missions: D-4 C-4 B-6 A-2 S-0

4 Re: Do bandits go boom? [Mission | Katsumi] on Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:29 pm

Katsumi

avatar

Genin
It wasn't fear that drove him. He wouldn't allow it! Every step weighed heavily though, as he stood at the ready, waiting for whatever would come of their mission. Taeru simply replied with the command to follow along, wanting to use his skill in sleight of hand for some use, totally unsure of what would come along from that, he would simply nod along and swallow his nervousness as she pushed along and the squad followed. A slight hesitation on Katsumi's part as he hesitated and immediately stepped and jumped off to follow them as quickly as he could.

They were moving quickly and the destruction and panic they passed on the way had Katsumi putting his own internal blinders on, listening intently to the focus and command of Taeru at the front of their squad. Calling out each of their responsibilities and how they would fight, their jobs and responsibilities. Katsumi listening intently but letting the commands of each person almost slip out of his mind, his hands clamming up as he remembered his last mission ending in his first kill. The feeling of taking a life for the first time and nearly having his own life taken in turn only to survive being buried under rocks for nearly a full day and reeling from one of his own explosions. His mind was wandering quickly as he felt totally distracted, his eyes were down and hardly watching where he was going and the auto-pilot was kicking in.

His attention broke as Taeru fell back towards him to run alongside him, silently holding out the detonator for him to take as part of the mission. His eyes would almost jump as he would hesitate to take it, waiting for her to say something but finding nothing in the short pause after she held it out. Instead of fighting back or arguing, he would simply accept the detonator and hold it in his hand before focusing his eyes on the device and its workings. Taeru immediately continued on to call out their focus, to protect Katsumi of all people and her short finishing. Katsumi focused quietly thinking about how dumb it was, she knew he was a genin right? She could see the nervousness that carried about his person? Or maybe she trusted him with it?

Either way, Katsumi couldn't get past how foolish a decision it was. To simply include him for the mission or give it to him while the others worked. He felt like a late addition and his mission experience was even worse. He might not be the weakest person in the village, but he was only a genin! It was nonsense to trust him with the detonator to this entire operation.

She would turn her attention to him, and almost in an act to comfort him and her decision, his skill and awareness and how if they failed, more bandits would get in and more would be harmed. It did nothing to comfort him or inspire fear. If it weren't for his nerves he might have even mouthed off at how convoluted and impractical this whole plan was! They should just detonate things and kill those that made it through, eliminating everyone was a waste of time and resources. When she finished, the groups attention was on the cave in front of them, not far in the distance but it was much too big for Katsumi.

Any plan he had of not getting close and using his jutsu to close the cave from a distance would be worthless. The detonator felt heavy in his hand, he wanted to say something to her instead, to rethink her plan, be more practical! More responsible! Anything at all to lend their mission. This wasn't about participation, it was about saving the people behind them and protecting their camp.

Nothing came out though, Katsumi merely gulped down his nerves, and nodded with a simple, "Got it..." that would creak through his voice as his eyes focused on the detonator in his hand. Enclosing in on the tunnel further led to the scene in front of them, bandits slowly funneled out of the tunnel and begin to build up at its entrance. Maybe twenty of them so far with various weapons and appearances, some sized like juggernauts themselves and other slender and ugly all the same. Katsumi's hand tightened around the grip of the detonator as he looked around the squad that had been hastily formed, wanting to see how these ninja went into battle. How he should look when he enters into a fight, what lies their faces would tell about their fear, and what lie he should tell from here on out.


[791 words, 1269 words total]

5 Re: Do bandits go boom? [Mission | Katsumi] on Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:11 pm

Taeru

avatar



Hesitant? Even as she passed by she noted it, unexpected but acceptable. He had to know, had to learn, the way life is and the costs of living as a shinobi. Between that and the inclination that he may have slipped back into the tent of his, vulnerable yet, far worse, of no used to the camp. At least with her not only would he be useful – whether or not he wanted to be such, but she could keep an eye on him. What was that saying? ‘The young will inherit the earth.’ and though such is true, the young needed to learn and learn quickly.  

Watching bandits spill forth from the mouth of the tunnel would only confirm that they were in the right place, her voice clear and commanding as she spoke for all to hear, “You know your jobs, do not stray and do not wander. Be without mercy, for they will give you none” though for a moment her voice would lower tilting her head just enough to set her gaze upon Katsumi, “Still your nerves and stay close.” she intended to do her part and protect the next generation but she also intended to show valuable lessons too.  

Kita, Hiroka and Ikeda, Aito would ready themselves as they stood fast taking up their position even before the mouth of the tunnel allowing everyone to move into position yet already both Kita, Hiroka and Ikeda Aito began their assault laying down covering fire as Taeru, Kurosawa, Danju and Kida, Hiroka headed forwards, all seeming to simply expect Katsumi to follow as he had been instructed to do so. Each, save for Katsumi, seasoned in battle either one way or the other, used to taking and following orders without a blink.  

The tarrain before them would rumble before twisting and turning, before errupting with twin dragon heads as though swimming through the ground as though it were water, if one were to look back they would be able to see the two bringing up the rare, knelt to the ground their oposit hands touching the ground whilst their hands linked to form a hand seal, a colaberation jutsu that not only attacked yet seemed to protect the group, the ground they stepped upon smoothing out to their vibrations whilst the dragon head attacked tearing through the enemies as a team, one head scooping an enemy up whilst the other took bite before allowing them to tug, effectivly, with enough strength to tear the bandit in two splattering the blood and inners about the ground, and as Taeru stepped through followd quickly by Danju as Hiroka hung back readying himself she too would be splattered with the blood of the enemy, her soft coloured cloths stricken with the ruby essence leaving her to look like a monster emerging for them, and so she was, flecks speckling Danju in the process. Emerging from the shower of blood, that being the moment and for many their last clear vision, her left hand had already moved to Tatsu, flicking the tessen open before swiping upwards in a diagonal arch, yet those that could see for the moment of her movement, her tessen would be coated in a layer of glowing toxic green coal and yet with her movement she would send forth that toxic green cloud of ash, forcing it through the air at a speed of twenty miles per second quickly covering the ground for thirty-five meters.  Snapping the tessen shut she would hold her arm out to halt the movements.  the panic and screams within would rattle within the air and the attempts at escape would lead bandits into their path, waiting for them. Her right hand would slip to retrieve Ripa tsume from its hiding position within the folds of the fabric that draped about her.





Word count: 639.
Total word count: 1955.


____

Taeru's Theme.
Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo
~Oderint Dum Metuant~
Completed Missions: D-4 C-4 B-6 A-2 S-0

6 Re: Do bandits go boom? [Mission | Katsumi] on Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:24 am

Katsumi

avatar

Genin
Still your nerves and stay close... The words rang out in Katsumi's mind, he instantly knew she could see the nervousness in his demeanor and the silent focus he kept about himself. Katsumi would silently slide the detonator back to his pouch as he would pull out a few shuriken and two kunai in place, holding the kunai together in his right hand as the shuriken sat in his left. His feet buried into the dirt as they hastened inward to engage against their opponents, the other members of the squad immediately performing a variety of tasks like seasoned veterans. Jutsu flying out and smashing into the lines and defences of the bandits in front of them, one throwing up a makeshift mud wall as an elemental earth dragon sprang up with a roar before eviscerating another bandit.

The violence held within caused Katsumi's stomach to turn for just an instant, his eyes flickered back and forth past the scene, looking for a grip on the moment of intensity. Taeru had already gone into the tunnel and there were two more bandits to Katsumi's right, emerging from the peripheral of the battlefield as he deftly threw out the shuriken from his left hand. The arcs of the blades as they spun threw the air wer crisp and clean, he'd learned well enough from the academy on how to handle his weaponry but throwing them in clear view of his opponents was a waste as they focused in an immediately knocked away all three projectiles with ease. Their focus was intense and as they dashed towards him at their full speed, Katsumi flipped a kunai to his other hand so he'd have one weapon in each, his eyes tracking their every movement.

He was confident that he could match their speed, so with the kunai in his left hand having the blade pointed down and the one in his right pointed upwards, he would step up to engage them. First, a leap upwards to take a higher advantage on them, a sword swing parried away and too closely to his body as the second stepped up in the gap, coordinated in his approach forcing Katsumi to leap backwards. His upperbody leaving before his lower causing him to bend over and lose vision for just a moment as he reached back and dragged his legs upward in a wild but powerful kick, before using his own latent energy to burst through it and throw himself back through a flip at a quick speed.

Emerging upwards, Katsumi would take a quick look around the battlefield, finding that his support were busy nailing down the plethora of enemy in their own ways, the chaos encapsulated the area but Katsumi still felt alone in his own corner. Maybe he wasn't completely perceptive in the environment around him but he had to focus on the opponents in front of him, feeling out and preparing his stance again as they charged into battle, yells burst as Katsumi breathed in deeply and focused his chakra, ready to engage in a more hefty and focused battle.


[523 words, 1792 words total]

7 Re: Do bandits go boom? [Mission | Katsumi] on Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:57 am

Taeru

avatar



She would stand her ground at the edge of the smog she had created, like a predator waiting for the prey to emerge, disorientated, their visible flesh littered in odd burns of minimal importance yet their vision heavily hindered, striking them down as they entered into her range of treat just as the others did the same, taking advantage of the opportunity she had provided for them. Each member of their little squad playing their part to its fullest. The three providing him with cover, picking off enemy that was would be fill-ins for those that glided closer to Katsumi, not engaging them for fear of hitting Katsumi in the process. Only when her movement away from an incoming wild strike would she catch glimpse of Katsumi fighting. A hiss would evacuate her lips through her teeth and her violence would elevate some, almost as though such would speed her way to Katsumi. Though it would not, for a short time at least, he would need to fend for himself for not sticking close enough.  

Her head would snap to one side as a kuni wielding fist would pass by her face, the blade itself clipping the bridge of her nose in the process.  Yet she would quickly strike down against his wrist with her tessen as she gripped Ripa tsume harder, thrusting upwards into the males elbow, her intent devastatingly obvious as she not only broke the arm at the joint with situational pressure but popped the bone upwards to that it would press against the flesh at a sickening angle, curbed only by the cry of pain that slipped from the bandits lips. With that she would swipe back, using her fingers to twist Ripa tsume into a new position in the process just enough to slip the blade into the bandit's throat causing their mouth to quickly fill with blood drowning out the scream part way through. Ripping the place out she would twist, her body lowering into a crouch in the process, the shrouds draping her would twirl and fan out with her movements and she flowed from one movement into the next, engaging from one bandit to the next.  

Yet as her blade pierced into the stomach of a woman doubling her over would Taeru would shet for form forwards using the downwards force the female took in her force to her advantage as she drew her knee upwards, connecting her knee with the females face, the impact forcing the female's body away. Twisting again would only cause her clothes to fan out once again this time littering blood drops about as most of her clothing now seemed in the thick red liquid, as she straightened to her full height once again. Striding towards Katsumi she would command, her voice sharp and clear, “We have to move. Into the tunnel, the longer we wait and fight here the more of them that come. We have to leave them for the camp to deal with for now.” Closing in she would use her body as a shield for his to guide them in, snapping the tessen open to slash it through the air to par the smog she had created.






Word count: 537.
Total word count: 2492.


____

Taeru's Theme.
Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo
~Oderint Dum Metuant~
Completed Missions: D-4 C-4 B-6 A-2 S-0

Sponsored content



View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.