You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Second Playthrough [Invite / N'Jobu] Empty Second Playthrough [Invite / N'Jobu] on Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:39 am

Kisei

Kisei

It’s a beautiful day outside...

Birds are singing…

Flowers are blooming...

I groaned as morning peeked in on me from outside the windows. Groggily I forced my eyes open to check on the time. On the nightstand the basic electric clock stared my down, scolding me to get on with the day, displaying a stern looking 11:31 on its metallic face. Well, guess it is about time to get some work done. Unlikely the usually work day he couldn’t just slack off this time. Yeah.. Today, there was something that actually had to get done and slacking off wasn’t an option. Unfortunately. See, unlike normal, there’s someone I gotta meet. (‘AH! Social interaction!’ am I right? [Nope, I’m Kisei]) Terrible self-pun aside, I probably shouldn’t delay too much, after all I got about ten minutes to get to the opposite side of the Konohagakure.

One hectic umbrella ride and destroyed cabbage vending stall later

The meeting place was a bit less formal than what I typically did, but this was a more relaxed exchange this time. Meeting with a previous client was always a pleasure, (most of them being young fit ninjas who know a thing or two about weaponry). Now assuming memory hadn’t failed me this time, I was meeting the Aburame that bought those gauntlets. The reason for this meeting was somewhat mixed. Half business and the other half more personal. Being honest with myself here, it was getting kinda lonely just being cooped up in the basement or lounging around. The personal projects and new tech ideas were fun but it wasn’t like there was any one there who enjoyed the work aside from me. There was that recent thing with Takao. Being invited to join Root was.. Exciting. Not everyday you get invited to join a secret organization for the country that accepted you as a refugee. While I didn’t know the specifics of what exactly they expected, a short run down by Takao cleared up that they basically functioned as the Anbu. While not exactly sure about it, Takao Kimura was someone that he could trust. If he asked me for something as potentially dangerous as Root, then it meant that he had faith in me. Or at least that was the hope, no missions called out for him yet so I’ve been biding my time with machinations. Which brought us to our current situation. A blueprint delivery mixed with a nice get-to-know-you lunch.

As I stood by the doorway looking for my companion I felt someone tap me on my shoulder.

____

Second Playthrough [Invite / N'Jobu] BIgWlMn:3 | Jutsu | Arsenal  

2Second Playthrough [Invite / N'Jobu] Empty Re: Second Playthrough [Invite / N'Jobu] on Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:50 pm

N'Jobu Aburame

N'Jobu Aburame

As the rays of the sun's light streaked across his face, N'Jobu grumbled while rolling onto his side to try and drift back into his slumber. A futile effort but he had to at least try to grasp more sleep while he actually afford to do so. He had little to do today other than meet an old acquaintance later in the day. After a bit of trying to get back to sleep, he abandoned his efforts and threw his blankets off of himself as he sat up in his bed yawning. "Morning S'Yan..." he grumbled as he stood up from his bed and stretched while wiping the sleep from his eyes. He walked over to the bathroom to brush his teeth and wash his face before taking a quick shower. The warm water washing over him helped to wake him up a bit, although not enough to fully relieve himself of his grogginess.

He had a bit of time before he needed to meet his acquaintance so he took his time getting dressed and eating a bit of breakfast before heading out. After finishing dressing himself, he sat a light breakfast of oatmeal and a banana before heading out the door. "S'Yan! Let's go!" he yelled to his companion whom flew over to his shoulder and perched himself as he normally did. The pair walked out the door and were greeted to a beautiful day of sunshine with the songs of the birds playing in the winds. He wasn't to far from their meeting spot, so he arrived relatively quickly at the restaurant where he would be meeting for lunch. As he walked towards the entrance, he noticed his lunch friend had already arrived and was standing facing away from him as he didn't seem to notice his presence. As he walked up, he noticed that interesting umbrella which never seemed to leave the fellow's side. N'Jobu placed his hand gently on the fellow's shoulder and tapped it to gain his attention.

"Hello there," N'Jobu said trying to get his friend's attention. "It's been a while. Good to see you again. I see you still got that umbrella as usual. Anyways, let's go ahead and grab a seat before it starts to get busy". He motioned to his friend to lead the way as he spoke once more "After you..." He would pause for a moment to allow his friend to take the lead into the restaurant, but if he didn't, N'Jobu would walk in and find a spot for the two to sit. After getting seated, N'Jobu struck up the conversation. "So how's it been? It's been a little bit since we saw each other last. Got any new interesting toys you are working on?"

WC: 476

____

Second Playthrough [Invite / N'Jobu] Wm6Woa7

Info: [N'Jobu] | [Jutsu] | [Armory] | [Stats] | [Tracker] |[Theme]

3Second Playthrough [Invite / N'Jobu] Empty Re: Second Playthrough [Invite / N'Jobu] on Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:41 am

Kisei

Kisei

I felt an instinctive reflex to bash whoever touched my shoulder with my explosive umbrella, but was able to restrain myself long enough to hear their voice. A small smile crept up on me. Relaxing the grip on my umbrella I turned to face my, ahem, companion. “Heya.” I waved, with my unarmed hand. My eyes immedietly set upon the mantis creature on the other man’s shoulders for but a moment. ‘Seems that mantis is almost as signature to him as my umbrella me…’ I had to suppress an anxious shudder. When the native ninja suggested they get their seats, well, the slight rumbling in my stomach couldn’t agree more. “Yeah.. let’s see.” Slight smile leading me, I looked around the room and found a booth where they could talk. Nodding to our destination, I began to lead, holding the umbrella close to my side, and making sure not to accidently cut anyone on the bladed edges. When we arrive at the table I set the umbrella flat on the floor and took my seat. It was a bit nerve wracking, having lunch with a man and his pet mantis like it was nothing. It was so surreal, so mundane, normal(?) I was honestly half expecting an enemy village to attack, or explosions to go off, but more likely, just wake up from whatever simulation Bordis had on right now. But no, this, just was. It’s a bit weird, solidiers having a civilian life as well. My heart felt a bit, weird. But in a good way. I couldn’t help a smile- Oh wait, what were they saying?

“Oh! Sorry. It’s been good. I’ve got one thing I’ve been working on mostly, but I don’t think you’d be too interested in that. Hah..” I scratched the back of my head, giving an apologetic look at my partner. Thinking about what might fascinate them, nothing too technical, so high science was out of the way.. I’m certain that they don’t want to hear about his, ahem, adventures in the virtual realm. That and he really should try not to be so obstrusive. “Recently, I’ve just been upgrading some of my old tech, no new developements. What about you? You seem, different. Just a little.”

____

4Second Playthrough [Invite / N'Jobu] Empty Re: Second Playthrough [Invite / N'Jobu] on Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:12 pm

N'Jobu Aburame

N'Jobu Aburame

The man with the umbrella would lead towards their destination, sitting in an empty booth across the room. He would sit down, carefully placing down his umbrella with a seeming intent to make sure it didn't touch anyone or anything. "Curious...I wonder what is so special about that umbrella. I'm sure since he made those gauntlets, that umbrella has something unique about it," he mused to himself as he followed behind taking his seat. N'Jobu initiated a bit of conversation hoping to see what interesting technology his companion was up to as he clearly seemed ahead of the game compared to anything N'Jobu had ever seen before. Before his companion responded, he began looking at the menu to figure out just what he wanted to eat.

“Oh! Sorry. It’s been good. I’ve got one thing I’ve been working on mostly, but I don’t think you’d be too interested in that. Hah..” N'Jobu's mind began to contemplate just what his companion could be talking about. He was certainly curious as to what he was talking about so he figured when he got a chance he would ask about it when the opportunity presented itself. “Recently, I’ve just been upgrading some of my old tech, no new developements. What about you? You seem, different. Just a little.” N'Jobu took a moment to think of a response to the man's question before he spoke. "Well, I just competed in the Chuunin exams and made it decently far. It was an interesting experience I suppose. I did make good use of your gauntlets by the way so thank you for that. I'm not quite sure what all you think is different about me but to me the only thing thats different is I've been promoted to Chunin," he would say with a bit of a smirk on his face. He was also a member of Root now but that was information that he could not divulge to anyone without a need to know so he would keep that under wraps. "Speaking of weapons, I was wondering if you'd be up for working with me on a new weapon system I've been thinking up. With your tech prowess, I'm sure we can maybe make it a reality. Also tell me about you're other project. I'm sure you'd be surprised in the things that interest me. As you can likely tell...I'm a bit of an eclectic fellow".  The waiter would soon arrive before his companion could begin to speak once more. "Are you gentlemen ready to order?" she would say first looking to N'Jobu. "Ahh yes...I would like the chicken katsu please," he would respond thinking of the delicious morsels he would soon be consuming. He motioned to his friend to place his order and then he would wait to hear what he had to say.

WC: 497

____

Second Playthrough [Invite / N'Jobu] Wm6Woa7

Info: [N'Jobu] | [Jutsu] | [Armory] | [Stats] | [Tracker] |[Theme]

5Second Playthrough [Invite / N'Jobu] Empty Re: Second Playthrough [Invite / N'Jobu] on Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:59 am

Kisei

Kisei

My eyes opened at the mention of the chuunin exams, my attention drifting momentarily elsewhere to his own experience with event. Ah, high hopes and burnt dreams, it was a dreadful time. Not even going into detail about the other events that transpired during the exams, or really, the “transition” to Konohagakure afterward. It was a disappointing defeat and a downhill personal journey from there, the failures that littered that particular point in the past were a sensitive topic, but I lightly shook my head dispelling the darkening cloud around my thoughts and smiled. “It’s good to hear that you did well in the exams, as well as your promotion.”

"Speaking of weapons, I was wondering if you'd be up for working with me on a new weapon system I've been thinking up. With your tech prowess, I'm sure we can maybe make it a reality. Also tell me about you're other project. I'm sure you'd be surprised in the things that interest me. As you can likely tell...I'm a bit of an eclectic fellow"

I sweated a little bit at N’Jobu’s interest in his other project, if only he knew the real purpose behind it. Though, they were looking for a new weapons system, that might be an interesting endeavor. “For sure-” I would’ve said more but our waiter appeared before us, asking for our orders. I nodded, letting N’Jobu go first, ordering the chicken katsu. After she jotted down the other ninja’s order she turned to me and politely asked, “What would you like?” I glanced down at the menu for a bit. At first I was completely sure about taking the deku katsudon special, but then sw that they also had a rare weekly special of spaghetti. I was a little torn between the two but ultimately decided on, “I’ll take the Katsudon, and a glass of water please.”

The waiter smiled and thanked the two, promising to be back soon with their orders. I smiled back and nodded, watching momentarily before turning my attention back to the topic at hand. “While I’d love to tell you more about, hah.. that, security protocol and things like that you know?” I shrugged, leaning in a bit closer to N’Jobu, opening my mouth to say something, probably an invitation to see the thing in person; but I thought better on it, and leaned back into my seat. “Though this new weapons systems proposal really does sound interesting. I’m not really sure what you like, but I plotted a few new weapons that might work well with you. Though did you have something particular in mind? Ranged, close up? Something precise, or complicated, maybe..” My mind swirled with possibilities. Weapons are an extension of my mind, as much as a leg is a part of the body. Each one created with a special idea or passion behind it. As he tried to think of what this Aburame might use and enjoy. They said that they got good use of those gauntlets in the exams. Though with the mixed capabilities of that weapon it was hard to tell what kind of style they leaned toward. Or, maybe they were someone who liked to mix up their options, keep them open. There were so many possibilities to work on, but without a clear idea of what to do, the vision became blurred, and it was hard to focus on a concrete blueprint. Hm.. Maybe I'll take them to the machine after all.

____

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.