You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Even more crafting Empty Even more crafting on Fri May 03, 2019 5:20 pm

Hina

Hina

C-rank

Just like the one before, it was a somewhat warm morning when Hina reached the place she’d taken missions for, for the umpteenth time. There were way too many men and women out and about that felt the same which was a great validation of the temperature of the morning. The novice smith was trying to stay focused and not get held up thinking about when she had failed miserably at nearly everything that had happened last time she'd tried to smith something. It had been her first day at the forge and she had learned how to assemble a dagger and had gotten a tiny bit familiarized with the smith. Other than that, she felt as though she was just dead weight. ”Here’s to a better day.”

Today, Hina would be shooting to get a little experience actually working with metal. The logic behind this was that she did not want to be assembling daggers for the rest of her life. She wanted some action now and then! Her boss opened the shop and started the day announcing what her chores for the day would be. “Today you will be stretching metal. I’d also want you to hammer out a batch of molten metal to help remove impurities. Then I’d like you to shape the metal. Alright, if you have any questions Please hesitate to ask!”

Hina’s first task was to stretch metal and that’s just what she’d try to do. She pulled out the sheet of steel that she’d be working with and laid it out onto a table. ”Now how in the world am I supposed to stretch this, she’d think as she grabbed a hodgepodge of potentially useful tools. She took some pliers and grabbed two ends of the steel and started to pull. Even with her trained muscles, this barely did anything but leave dents in the metal from where she gripped so tightly. She took out a roller and tried to roll the metal out, but that also did not seem to make it any longer. ”This material is a lot stronger than I had imagined. I wonder if it has to be struck in order to be stretched.”

WC: 365

Last edited by Hina on Mon May 27, 2019 12:19 am; edited 2 times in total

2Even more crafting Empty Re: Even more crafting on Fri May 03, 2019 5:23 pm

Hina

Hina

C-rank

Hina ran with the idea and grabbed a hammer. She started smacking away at the sheet and saw that it did indeed cause damage to it. While not that useful from a glance, hitting the metal caused that area to squeeze together, thus pushing the sheet boundary outwards. She was quite certain that if she hit this sheet a couple thousand times she’d get a flatter and thus larger surface area sheet. The question was whether or not she wanted to actually spend the time and energy to hit it that many times. ”Maybe there’s an easier way?”

Not being able to think of any way to alleviate her workload, Hina kept hammering away until the sheet expanded. She knew the quality was absolutely terrible, but come on it was her second day on the job! Her next task was to deal with some molten metal, which was a bit intimidating for a novice. She went over to the furnace and saw that there was a pot with some liquid in it. No doubt it was the metal her boss had talked about, so she’d watch as another worker took the liquid and poured it into a mold. They put some water on it to cool it, or at least Hina assumed it was water. They worked so fast that it was hard to follow exactly what was going on.

Hina wrapped up what she was doing and asked a coworker what the point of hitting molten metal was. The coworker had spent the entire day slaving away but Hina couldn’t think of why someone would do such a thing. She was told that the whole point was to remove impurities in the metal. Apparently striking it helped with that, although the mechanics behind that were a mystery to Hina. Hina would try to do it herself and learn a thing or two but she didn’t get much value out of it because her arms were already so tired.

Total 694

Last edited by Hina on Mon May 27, 2019 12:19 am; edited 2 times in total

3Even more crafting Empty Re: Even more crafting on Fri May 03, 2019 5:25 pm

Hina

Hina

C-rank

The Genin’s task was to simply take a hammer and whack the molten metal a bunch of times. She had no idea why she was being made to do this, but her muscles weren’t complaining yet. ”I suppose all manual labor is finally paying off,” she’d think as sweat started to accumulate on her forehead. She kept hammering away at every section of the molten blade until she was told to stop.

“Hina, what have you done,” called her boss angrily, “is this how you stretched the sheet of steel that I asked for? This is garbage!” Hina lowered her head in shame, not sure what to say. She’d done her best with the zero prior knowledge that she had. “You’ve got to mix in gentle strokes here and there or the sheet is going to be a complete disaster! I’m not going to finish this for you, so take care of it!” The boss tossed the sheet onto the table with a loud clanging sound and Hina was quick to start hammering away again.

”Mix in gentle strikes? What does that even mean,” she’d wonder as she tried to be gentle. She found that the metal barely deformed at all as she struck gently. She wanted to just keep going along the entire sheet gently until she started to notice that the sheet was becoming smoother. It was now that she understood that she was simply flattening the kinks in the metal that she’d created. Hina presented her work to her uncaring boss who merely raised his nose and pointed at a pile in the corner. ”If this is all he wanted me to do why was he so angry? This guy has a problem.” Feeling exhausted, the young taijutsu user would go home and rest. She did not know how much longer she wanted to work in this kind of environment. She had half a mind to swear off of crafting missions now.

exit

WC: 325
Total: 1019

750 words: mission completion: 150 ryo
200 extra words: +50 ryo

Total: +200 ryo

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.