You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Learn The Blade Empty Learn The Blade on Sat May 04, 2019 9:19 am

Hina

Hina

C-rank
Hina had woken up early this morning, hoping to see the beautiful sunrise for the first time in a while. She was jogging down a path just a few miles outside the village. The sights and sounds were wonderful and seemed to increase Hina’s excitement. Birds were already up and about singing and fish were swimming in the pond. “That’s the perfect spot.” she mumbled. It was a spot surrounded by a few trees with a pond running though it. “Here I can see the sun reflect in the pond too.” she thought smiling.

Hina took a seat just at the water’s edge waiting for the spectacle to begin. An old friend from Hina’s academy days, Yuna, was also walking through the village early in the morning. It was a habit of hers when she was younger, an early morning stroll to find a sweets shop in town. She had forgotten that old love of hers and there was no candy shop in the village. As she wandered around the village, she came near a pond and noticed a familiar face right at the water's edge. "Hina, why are you up so early?" the aspiring medic asked as she came within earshot of the elder teen.

She sat down beside her and watched as the sun began to rise slowly in the sky. The sight was unexplainable in words; it was the most beautiful thing Hina had seen in her life. She had almost forgotten Yuna had even asked her a question. The beauty all around her had taken her breath away. It was a rhetorical question anyway, since Yuna knew that most aspiring shinobi would get up early as they were eager to train. Over the years, that love for training and learning would either blossom or wither away. Hers did the latter. Yuna sat down beside her old friend as the sun began to rise. It was a marvelous sight and she was glad she had someone to watch it with.

WC 333

Last edited by Hina on Mon May 27, 2019 12:45 am; edited 2 times in total

2Learn The Blade Empty Re: Learn The Blade on Sat May 04, 2019 9:24 am

Hina

Hina

C-rank
She stood up now and turned to face Yuna. “So, Yuna what brings you out here?” she asked the question with much respect as she could. She’d first thought of her as beneath him, but now saw her as a useful ally. It also helped that she had let her draw her blood the other day. It’d really helped build her trust in the young woman. Yuna scratched her chin " Well, " she responded to Hina's question, " I was out for an early morning stroll. Are you up for an early morning spar?" the woman asked as she stood up and then put her hands in her pockets. Hina’s smile turned to an expression of shock.

A spar was the last thing she expected Yuna to suggest. Maybe she thought it would be a good time to test her progress or see if she had any potential. Hina didn’t know the reason but she was ready to meet any challenge the medic threw at her. her face went back to a more serious look as she replied. I’d love to Yuna. Oh, but hold on a second.” Hina took off her shirt and threw it on the ground. Underneath the shirt was a short sleeved white shirt that was more suitable for combat. If she was going to go up against her she would do it with pride.

Hina and Yuna went to a training area where they could obtain practice weaponry. Hina chose a and smiled. “Ok, I am ready.” Hina reached her hand to the hilt and waited for her new friend’s move. “If she charges me I’ll just jump out of the way and slice with the dull end.” Hina held her katana in her right hand sideways, ready to try and react. Now it was up to Yuna to make the first move. Yuna's hands were quick. As she pulled them out of her pockets, with her left hand, she tugged a yo-yo off its holster and with her right hand, she swiped a knife from the holster on her left thigh.

WC 348
Total: 681

3Learn The Blade Empty Re: Learn The Blade on Sat May 04, 2019 10:10 am

Hina

Hina

C-rank
She would have to take the offensive in this spar, though she usually did in most of her fights. She wasn't one to take the back seat and would only wait out on something if it was absolutely necessary. Hina didn’t know anyone else on this planet who used a yoyo for a weapon, but Yuna was able to make it work.

The medic dashed three steps to her right side, careful to keep her speed at its minimum; her logic was that Hina wouldn't be able to learn anything if she couldn’t see any of her moves. She stopped abruptly, kicking up a bit of earth and then threw her knife down towards Hina's left leg. Her aim was supposed to miss, but also supposed to draw the boy's attention as she dashed a few steps towards her and then threw the yo-yo right towards her face. “Geeze she is fast. Even at full speed I am not sure I can match her.”

Hina knew she was fast for her age but the way she moved just then could have easily matched her at full speed. At that moment Yuna threw the knife for Hina’s left leg. Hina jumped back at full speed making sure it wouldn’t hit her. She was so focused on the knife that she didn’t notice the yo-yo headed straight for her. She didn’t have enough time to react to it and it whacked her right in the face. The pain seared though her right cheek as she yelped out in pain. This was defiantly not good for Hina that small scratch felt like an open wound to her. “Damn! I have to think of something.”

The hit knocked Hina back but she managed to stay on her feet. She knew she didn’t have time to focus on the pain she had to make a move. “Who uses a yo-yo as a weapon!” Hina screamed as she swooped down and grabbed a small rock. She had the rock in her left hand in between her fingers.

WC: 341
Total: 1022

4Learn The Blade Empty Re: Learn The Blade on Sat May 04, 2019 10:21 am

Hina

Hina

C-rank

“Ok lets see if this will work” Hina make a few quick movements with her feet to assert herself. She dashed to her right as abruptly as she could then threw the rock at Yuna as she tried to distract her. If Hina thought that Yuna was afraid of a little scratch though, she was dead wrong. She began to spin her yo-yo around by moving her wrist and as it picked up speed, the movement of the spinning wire was almost a blur like a propeller at full speed. Her right arm was over her upper body to protect her body but the rock didn’t even hit her.

As her yo-yo spun rapidly around, Yuna suddenly flicked her wrist towards one of the Hina's around her, sending the yo-yo right towards 'him'. The point was to distract the boy with the spinning yo-yo, and then to startle her to be able to figure out which one was the real Hina. Whichever one she was, there was a chance that the real Hina would react more to the yo-yo's sudden movements even if it was not aimed at her. Yuna did not aim to hit the woman or the attacks this time; instead she retracted the yo-yo before it could hit anything and instead and rolled.

Hina was again shocked that her rock hadn’t even hit her target. Then to make matters worse she made her yo-yo spin so fast that she couldn’t keep up with it. The wire was a blur and the yo-yo was headed straight for her. Hina had little other option than to drop down onto the ground and do her best to roll backwards. She felt the yo-yo swing wildly over her body and thanked the immortals that Yuna was still learning how to best use the blunt weapon.

Hina looked up just in time to see that Yuna had thrown herself off with her own attack. Her yo-yo had actually flown off of her fingers where it had been secured so she was now more or less weaponless. “Well she has some knives but I doubt she’d actually use that on me.” her mind though when she saw her draw her spare knife. “Crap.” she was defenseless other than her katana that she still hadn’t used. But she didn’t really want to be using such a deadly weapon on a friend of his. “What if I can use the elements instead?” Hina formed handseals and willed an element, any element to come to her aid. Unfortunately, she didn’t have any elements trained at the moment. No element would come to her aid and she would sit there looking like an idiot.

When the shinobi finally opened her eyes she was winded by a blow to her chest. She’d been breathing heavily for quite some time and wasn’t quite sure what she’d done. “Uh, I’m speechless,” she’d admit to Yuna. She waved it a few times for good measure but she soon found just how tiring using magic could be. She’d drop to one knee and Yuna would rush to her side, eager to see what she could do to help. She was a medical student, so healing wasn’t beyond question!

WC: 536
Total: 1558

5Learn The Blade Empty Re: Learn The Blade on Sat May 04, 2019 10:23 am

Hina

Hina

C-rank
It was a new day and Hina was out by a pond. This time though, she wasn’t just out to enjoy her day. She had sparred with her friend Yuna just the day prior and she had made arrangements to fight again. She was rather nervous to fight against someone so out of her league, but after some meditation she wouldn’t let her nerves sway her from her path. Last time she had tried to call on the elements to help her, albeit it had taken an incredibly long time to do. Hina was still getting a hang of relating to the elements. She could hear their voices and they could understand what she wanted. As for whether the elements would do what she wanted though… that was another story.

The meeting would begin much like the one before. Hina would sit by the pond and wait for Yuna to show up in the early morning. It was best to do these things in the morning, before it got too sweltering to stay outdoors. “Are you ready?” Yuna would call as she silently approached from behind. Hina jumped to her feet and nearly fell into the pond in her surprise. “Since when was she that quiet?” Yuna was holding her yo-yo in one hand and a knife in the other. She looked like she’d already warmed up and everything. “She really wants to win again doesn’t she,” Hina would think with a smirk. She was nowhere near her level anyways, there was no reason for her to warm up beforehand. “I guess I can be ready. Let me try that trick from yesterday first though.”

The fight began as soon as Hina made eye contact with her opponent. Yuna tossed out her yo-yo and started to spin around in a circle on the ground, kicking up dust and making Hina wonder if she really wanted to attack if she was sure to get clobbered. Yuna somehow kicked up enough dirt to a point where Hina had to back up. “Is she trying to hide,” she’d think as she lost clear vision. She wished that the dust would go away, then realized that she probably had the ability to make it go away.

WC: 372
Total: 1930

6Learn The Blade Empty Re: Learn The Blade on Sat May 04, 2019 10:27 am

Hina

Hina

C-rank
As the dust cleared Hina noticed a figure running at her. “Oh man if she gets me in close range it is over.” she quickly leapt aside and then prepared for Yuna’s attack. Yuna wasn’t perturbed by her dodging. She produced her knife where plunged it straight towards Hina’s stomach. She brought her earthy sword out to make contact with the blade and felt the two make contact.

The knife dug into the katana and stopped dead making it awkward for each duelist to pull free. Yuna pulled back with all her might and eventually landed on her back. Now free, Hina would begin her onslaught of swings which she felt were much more difficult to perform now that her sword had more than tripled in weight due to the weight of the attack. Unfortunately she’d only be able to make one blow connect on her dexterous target before she ran out of steam.

Hina had taken the opportunity to run behind a tree feeling exhausted of ether. She was in shock after seeing how well the blade had absorbed the stroke. “That could have hurt me. Darn I am lucky”. Hina now had the element of surprise on her side but was dizzy enough to not feel confident in her ability to go on. “Darn, I am so dizzy it is even hard for me to stand. I can’t give up though, I need to push myself.” Hina pulled a rock off the ground and threw it at Yuna. She ran out from behind the tree in the cover of the dust and began throwing even more rocks. She wasn’t aiming or anything, just hoping that some might hit. After she finished doing that she was so tired that her body was shaking just from standing. “This might be it, but at least I tried. My body really isn’t used to using this much energy.”

WC: 316
Total: 2246

7Learn The Blade Empty Re: Learn The Blade on Sat May 04, 2019 10:31 am

Hina

Hina

C-rank

The young woman dove to dodge the rocks and kept rolling until she hit the edge of the pond. As that object was covered with moss and small plants, she expected for it to create a 'smoosh' sound, rather than a loud clanging if ever anything metallic hit it, as she expected that Hina would launch some sort of projectile attack again. She wasn’t sure if the girl would have the audacity to throw knives, but she kept good cover just in case. As Yuna came out of the dust and appeared at the water's edge, after picking up her own rock, she noticed that the genin was running frantically around.

She flicked her wrist a few times and did a trick with her yo-yo, and then she flung the weapon at her friend who was running towards her direction. Yuna's chakra made its way through the metal wires that were entwined with the cotton strings; she could control the direction and movement of the yo-yo's string with some difficulty, though she couldn't increase the momentum of the yo-yo's body itself and thus, this move wasn't made for maiming the opponent. She controlled it in such a way that the string would try to wrap itself around Hina's legs if she got close enough, which would trip the girl and end her recklessness.

From Hina’s perspective, the yo-yo came out of nowhere and she thought this would be it. Surprisingly though, the yo-yo just wrapped itself around her making her fall. Hina was breathing very hard and feeling the fatigue from running around like an idiot. “Stupid low endurance.” she thought. She tried her hardest to move but she needed a rest. If she keep running and fighting then her body would collapse. Being stubborn though Hina wouldn’t admit defeat. “I have my sword still, and I could probably try something flashy with the elements. I’m not sure I want to push this dizziness, but one more attack couldn’t be that bad.”

Hina tried to crawl to her feet, but she couldn’t due to the wire around her legs. She looked up at Yuna and her eyes said it all. She was exhausted and trapped and this battle was over. She looked away from Yuna wondering if she had lived up to her expectations. She sighed and then sat beside the fallen girl, as the string around her legs fell limp; she expected for her to be able to untangle her way out of the yo-yo's string, since attempting to cut it would prove to be more time-consuming since it was made up of some pretty strong material.

“You should really work on your endurance Hina! If all you can manage is a couple of attacks there’s no way you’ll last in a real fight!” Hina would scowl but she wouldn’t leave. She’d just sit there for the next couple hours and wonder about what she wanted to try in the next spar.

WC: 493
Total: 2739

Saving all wc

Previously saved WC = 2237

New saved WC: 4976

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.