You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Office Favors Empty Office Favors on Sat May 04, 2019 8:31 pm

Hina

Hina

C-rank
Hina was lazily making her way towards one of Konoha’s streets. Earlier in the morning she reported to the kage’s office as instructed. She wasn’t helping Takao out today but rather helping out around the office. Little did she know, she was about to be sent on a mission without even being compensated for it. One man was probably very busy because she immediately started going through some files once Hina came in. He browsed a few of them until she selected just one and turned her eyes back to Hina. “You must be eager to get started so I won't take up any more of your time. Yesterday a few people came and asked us to get rid of a crow that made it's nest in their neighborhood. Apparently, they can no longer stand the noise and are desperate enough to come to us for help. Your job is to get rid of the crow. How you do it is up to you. Remember to report back for a debrief when you're done.”

Hina picked up the request for help and quickly read it to make sure this was really all there was to it. She knew the neighborhood so there would be no problems finding the location. “Well, I’ll get right on it then,” were her final words before she turned around and headed for the exit. “I'll get right on it, huh? Then again, it's easy enough and I can take my own sweet time without being rushed.”

Hina finally reached the correct street and stopped to look around. It was quiet and there was a peaceful feeling in the air. There were also not too many locals on the streets. ”This place is really nice actually. So quiet, so calm, so soothing. I guess I can relate to the locals for wanting to keep this place unchanged. Still, how much noise can a single crow make anyway if they had to request a man to get rid of the problem?”

WC: 334

Last edited by Hina on Mon May 27, 2019 12:40 am; edited 2 times in total

2Office Favors Empty Re: Office Favors on Sat May 04, 2019 10:01 pm

Hina

Hina

C-rank
“Hey, stop daydreaming and get this over with,” an old man growled in a low tone. ”How rude!” Hina would think as she started walking once more, occasionally looking in some local's backyard. From what she could see this was a very clean and well-organized neighborhood. She wondered how would she like it to live in such a place but soon realized that in the end she would most likely get bored and end up regretting such a decision.

It wasn’t long before Hina heard a cawing sound in the distance. The odd sound made Hina stop and take a look ascertain its origin. Picking up the pace, Hina hurried in what she thought was the right location. She was obviously going the right way since the cawing of the crow could be heard clearer and louder with each step she took. ”This really is one annoying crow. I've only listened to it for a few minutes and it already bothers me.”

The annoying cawing could be heard clearer and clearer as Hina made her way through narrow alleys, quickly closing the gap between herself and the crow's location. That is provided the crow was staying still and wasn't actually flying around the neighborhood in order to increase the inhabitants' frustration. ”A mere bird wouldn't do that though, would it?”

Luckily for Hina she was about to find the answer to this question in a matter of seconds, as she finally made her way in what looked to be a somewhat more secluded area. The whole neighborhood seemed quiet and peaceful in comparison to the rest of Konoha. The area she was in though right now actually gave the impression of being even more serene than what she had seen thus far. ”Is it the people that live here that make it seem so calm, or is it by chance this place that changes the people living here?” she knew full well that the chances of figuring this out were as likely as realizing the answer to the riddle about the chicken and the egg, yet she couldn't stop wondering nonetheless.

WC: 351
Total: 685

3Office Favors Empty Re: Office Favors on Sun May 05, 2019 7:35 am

Hina

Hina

C-rank
The bird's cawing was obviously coming from somewhere nearby as it no longer sounded distant or seemed to echo off buildings. Hina quickly glanced around the roofs of the buildings that could be seen as well as any poles that were nearby until an old tree caught her attention. Taking a few steps closer in order to get a better look she finally noticed it. The cause of all the disturbance as well as the reason for her being here. Hina wanted to keep a low profile but she didn’t exactly blend in with her surroundings especially when she spent half of her time cursing the bird under her breath.

For some reason the crow stopped its cawing and looked straight at Hina, both their gazes now locked on to each other. It felt somewhat unnatural for a mere bird to keep watch on a human so intently, as if sensing there's some type of connection between the two of them. ”Could it be that she knows I’m here to kill him? Is she by chance measuring me up or something? Lightly shaking her head she snickered What am I saying? It's just a bird. There's no way a bird could be that smart. He's probably just curious or something.”

Still looking straight at her, the crow opened its beak and started cawing once more. ”Is he by chance mocking me” Hina thought to herself and looked around for something she might use to throw at the winged critter. She picked up a couple of small rocks and was now getting ready to throw them. Unfortunately, her ranged accuracy sucked and she was well aware of this. That is why she didn't really try to aim at the crow itself but rather at its nest, or perhaps even the branch beneath it. She took a deep breath and threw the first rock. It merely brushed against the branch but did nothing else though. She threw the second one and this time it hit just a bit under the nest, causing the crow to fly away on a nearby rooftop.

WC: 349
Total: 1034

4Office Favors Empty Re: Office Favors on Sun May 05, 2019 7:39 am

Hina

Hina

C-rank
Seeing the results Hina started to doubt that this was perhaps the best idea she ever had. ”Okay, how am I going to get it down from there? It's obvious that just throwing stuff at her won't work. If only I had brought someone with a bow along with me.” While Hina was still trying to figure out a new plan, the crow opened its wings and flew back in its nest. After landing, it again looked straight at Hina and cawed a few more times.

“You didn't think it would be that easy, did you lassie,” a voice echoed behind Hina, causing her to slowly turn around to see what it was about.

What Hina didn't realize is that while she was trying to figure out new ways to get rid of the bird an old man left his comfortable chair on the porch of a nearby house and made his way closer to Hina in order to have a better look at the action. Despite his age and overall appearance, the man's green eyes were still very much alive and clear, apparently unfazed by the passing of time. Realizing who it was that spoke earlier, Hina took a slight bow in a show of respect for the man's age.

“Good day sir. To answer your question, I did actually hope it would be that easy. It seems though that I was mistaken. Fortunately, I think I have a trick up my sleeve!”

Hina pushed her chakra into her hands and started trying to form a kind of ninjutsu, “help me catch that bird would ya?” The elements would jump from a nearby electricity line and would tremble a little and would then slowly slide towards the bird. Hina continued to feed the elements her chakra and it built up into a rather large ball, but it did nothing but scare the crow to fly away a couple more feet. Hina wanted to be angry at the elements but she had a feeling that it had done its best. It wasn’t like she had a jutsu anyways. Trying to use ninjutsu was always slow.

WC: 353
Total: 1387

Last edited by Hina on Mon May 27, 2019 12:40 am; edited 3 times in total

5Office Favors Empty Re: Office Favors on Sun May 05, 2019 7:48 am

Hina

Hina

C-rank
Instead of merely coaxing the elements along, Hina would try to encourage the elements by getting it as excited as it needed to be. Hina would jump along the ground as she approached the crow and the elements started to move a little more easily. She wanted it to shape into some sort of cage, hell even a fist would work. Above all though she needed the elements to be fast. Hina continued jumping and spinning to shape the elements, then unleashed it towards the crow as quickly as she could muster.

The elements zipped towards the crow with an awfully loud crunching sound after Hina performed some handseals. The crow didn’t have to do anything except tilt its head to see the danger and take off. Hina’s expletives rang throughout the neighborhood as she cursed her luck. Not only had she wasted her chakra but she’d also drawn unwanted attention to herself. “Well, maybe my next attempt won’t be so horrendously bad.”

After Hina’s failed attempt at getting rid of an annoying bird, she turned to the old man who had been watching all the while. “Any suggestions,” she’d ask exasperatedly, “I’m running low on ideas.” she’d already tried throwing rocks at the bird and she’d tried using jutsu to kill it. She wasn’t sure what else she could do to try killing the damn bird. She had half a mind to just give up if she couldn’t think of something else. “I have better things to do than waste another day on a pointless chore!”

“Don't feel bad about it. Others have already tried the same thing and failed. Throwing things at it, creating a racket in hopes to scare it away, making a fire underneath it hoping to asphyxiate it. We tried it all sonny. The blasted bird just won't leave. At best it will fly away on one of the nearby rooftops and stay there until the coast is clear to return to it's own nest.”

WC: 330
Total: 1687

Last edited by Hina on Mon May 27, 2019 12:40 am; edited 3 times in total

6Office Favors Empty Re: Office Favors on Sun May 05, 2019 8:43 am

Hina

Hina

C-rank
Hina raised an eyebrow as she listened to the old man speaking. Some of the ideas the locals already tried sounded quite good actually. She probably would've tried something similar next. “Thanks for letting me know of this. Now I won't waste time trying the same things that already didn't work. I suppose I’ll just have to think of something else then, Hina said with a sigh at the end.”

The old man looked at Hina trying to determine if maybe she was trustworthy enough to be given some extra information. “Tell you what girley... Pay me some ryo and I will let you in on something only I know about that devilish bird. What do you say?”

The old man's proposition caught Hina off guard. She only had about a couple dozen ryo on her, the same sum of money she usually carried unless she was planning to buy something or was expecting money to be needed. Even so she didn't really just want to hand over her money just so she could learn something about a bird. Sure, if it were information that could help her catch some criminal she would've gladly payed, however she was very hesitant to just hand over her money in order to learn god knows what about a bird she could clearly see from where she was standing from.

At least that was her rational side working against the idea... She considered simply ignoring the old man and just try to think of something by herself, however her curiosity got the better of her. ”What could he possibly know about a mere bird that she thinks he could put a price on?” Hina wondered. She realized earlier the man wasn't senile and this further increased her curiosity. It wasn’t like she had much to lose either.

WC: 303
Total: 1990

7Office Favors Empty Re: Office Favors on Sun May 05, 2019 8:45 am

Hina

Hina

C-rank
“Very well, I promise you all the money I have on me if this works out.” Hina had no intention of revealing how much money she had on her though. Deception didn’t always have to be a lie after all. To add good measure, Hina put on a cheerful face to make it seem like he was genuine.

“Such a generous lassie, to help your elders like this,” The old man chuckled. “Well, since you are willing to pay for the information I might as well go ahead and tell you what I know. You might've noticed my house is just opposite of that bird's nest and because of my age I mostly just stay on the porch all day long. But doing this allowed me to observe that bird for a while now. It seems shiny things really catch his fancy. Bottle caps, silver coins and almost anything else that's shiny, he flies and gets it. Then he takes the loot back to its nest. Now I don't know if it's related but the days he finds something like this he's mostly quiet. Don't laugh now lassie but I even thought that the reason he's making all this noise is so he can get attention, and maybe get some more shiny objects for his collection.”

Listening to the old man's story a new plan suddenly began to form in her mind. “Thanks, hopefully I can use this to my advantage!” With the new information she just learned, Hina was confident she could think of something now. She again turned her attention to the old tree, once more facing the black bird. ”Alright, I just hope what I have planned works”. She reached into a nearby pile of trash and picked up a couple shards of shiny glass. She couldn't hit the bird with rocks, so trying to hit it with glass instead would be completely pointless most likely.

WC: 319
Total: 2309

8Office Favors Empty Re: Office Favors on Sun May 05, 2019 8:47 am

Hina

Hina

C-rank

But then again it wasn't the bird she was trying to hit anyway. She took one shard and threw it, aiming it at the bird's nest. It went a few inches to the right though and nothing happened. She threw another one that just brushed against some of the leaves and twigs that the nest was made off. Since she lacked skill with throwing weapons she had to rely on remembering the way she threw them and just compare the results. After she threw a couple more needles that hit in roughly the same small area she was content that she was now ready to try out her plan.

Hina inched closer and closer to the bird’s nest and did her best not to be spotted by the feathery fiend. She did her best to hug the sides of the buildings and made very slow motions. The only exception was when the bird looked her way; that’s when she’d freeze and wait for the bird to go back to cawing away incessantly.

He tried using another elmental jutsu. You didn’t get better by not practicing and trying! At least the elements responded, unlike that fucking mokuton that never responded to her. She pushed her chakra into the elements to provide her with ball with a a spherical shape as the bird fluttered down and started inspecting the shiny shards of glass that Hina had thrown. The shinobi found herself having to twirl her hands elegantly to coax the elements into forming into such a smooth shape, but the act was relatively simple and not very draining. “Looks like it’s getting easier and easier to shape the elements to my needs.” ninjutsu aside, Hina turned her attention back to the bird. Just as it landed on top of the glass shard, Hina threw the rock at it and knocked it right in the head!

WC: 313
Total: 2622

Last edited by Hina on Mon May 27, 2019 12:41 am; edited 3 times in total

9Office Favors Empty Re: Office Favors on Sun May 05, 2019 9:13 am

Hina

Hina

C-rank
“That a girl lassie!! You showed that bird,” Hina could hear the old man shouting and laughing behind her. She ignored her though and instead approached the debris she caused. Just as the old man said earlier though, among the leaves, the twigs and the smaller branches alot of shiny items could be seen. She picked them up and realized that there were quite a few ryo in there. It wasn’t like she could hide the sum from the old man who was standing right behind her so she figured she might as well let the man have it all. “How about I keep the ryo in my pocket and let you keep this small trove of goodies,” she’d tell the man who nodded furiously.

Several people walked out of their homes as the old man kept dancing and shouting in glee. If they hadn’t noticed Hina before they definitely did now. Hina would notice smiles on their faces as they saw the crow that was knocked out on the ground. It wasn’t dead – at least not yet. The shinobi spun and dug out a small grave for the bird. “For all the trouble it’s given me, I think being buried alive is a just punishment.” Hina kicked the bird into the small hole then filled it with dirt to make the ground flush again.

Hina stood grinning at the grave that served nearly no point but she felt it appropriate nonetheless. A small girl approached her with a grin on her own face. She noticed the attire worn by the young shinobi before her, taking note of her clothing. “Is that ninjutsu? Show it again!” This was the first time Hina had ever seen someone take interest in her jutsu. “I wonder if I should. her parents might go ballistic if they find out.”

Choosing not to speak to the little girl, she instead, gestured to her to come closer. Hina would try to shield what she was doing from view then she would quickly and quietly create a couple more spheres of chakra using way too much chakra to do so. This was the beginning of some kind of ball type of jutsu, Hina just needed to practice. She tossed them to the girl who caught them and stared at them in wonder. Hina saw a couple more people coming over to talk to her and that’s where she was going to draw the line. “Alright that’s enough.” Job more or less done, Hina headed back to the kage’s office to see if they needed her to do any more favors before going home for the day.

WC: 438
Total: 3060

New saved WC = 4976

Saving all WC

New saved WC total: 8036

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.