You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Request to Join Village on Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:42 am

Shindou

Genin
Fuyuki stood before the two large, wooden doors, the only obstacles standing between him and one of the most powerful men in the lands.

Behind those heavy, oak doors was the Hokage, Mitsuhide Uzumaki, known as Konoha's White Star. There were tales of how he had mastered the complex sealing arts to the point where he could shrug off S-Ranked confrontations with little more than a scratch. Fuyuki had been particularly interested in listening to the tales of how Mitsuhide had not only bested his comrade in battle but also bested him in charisma during the time he had sat right behind the Fire Daimyo in one of the smaller towns.

He rose one hand to knock and cleared his throat, wondering idly if he was making the right choice. His father had been the strong Konoha ninja he had looked up to since his birth, and even more so after his sacrificial battle to allow Fuyuki and his now deceased mother to escape. But, just because his father was a Konoha ninja didn't mean that Fuyuki should be one, and it definitely didn't mean he was cut out to be one.

Even finding the village had been difficult with little but the words of half-reliable merchants to go on. Often it had led him to little shops littered around the streets with the exact same name as the hidden village, or he had been sidetracked by other smaller, trivial things, and had lost sight of not only the big picture but also the path to Konoha.

Steeling his reserves, he wrist twisted forward and a soft but distinct rap was heard as his knuckles came into contact with the oak. He had already made it this far; he wouldn't give up now. He wouldn't let the last three years of his life, the ones he had spent trying to find the villhage, be wasted. Even if he was only working on a hunch thinking that his father had been a Konoha ninja after being hunted by hunter-nin from Konoha, it was still the only lead he had.

And if his father wasn't, then at least this place would give him a place to start.

His knuckles came into contact with the wood twice more for good measure, and Fuyuki waited outside for the Fire Shadow to call him in.

2 Re: Request to Join Village on Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:53 am

Mitsuhide

S-rank
-

Last edited by Star on Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:14 am; edited 1 time in total

____

'It's good to see you again, Guest'

3 Re: Request to Join Village on Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:54 pm

Shindou

Genin
Fuyuki froze when he heard someone clear his throat.

If he had been feeling nervous before, the feeling had only multiplied with every inch of the man's visage that came into view. Standing behind him at over five feet was the Thirteenth Hokage himself, golden blonde hair falling around his face. The stern look etched into his face almost shattered any ounce of courage that Fuyuki had managed to mutter up, reminding him once more that the person standing within such close proximity to him was the very epitome of power.

The smile that Mitsuhide had shot Fuyuki had done little to ease his nervousness.

Fuyuki took a deep and steady breath to calm himself down. If he couldn't find his wits when he wasn't a ninja, it was unlikely that he would be able to scour the place for them when he was under the man's wing. He reminded himself, chanting in his head that the Thirteenth Hokage, while powerful, also had to have a heart and mind. One did not simply achieve Kage status by boasting of one's strength; he also had to have a sharp mind and an open heart.

When Mitsuhide stated his name, Fuyuki nodded firmly once.

“Lord Hokage,” Fuyuki said with a bend of his waist, before straightening himself. “I wish to join Konoha and serve under your wing.”

4 Re: Request to Join Village on Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:01 pm

Mitsuhide

S-rank
-

____

5 Re: Request to Join Village on Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:22 pm

Shindou

Genin
The question hadn't been totally unexpected.

Fuyuki had expected the Hokage to question his motives, why a complete no-name stranger like him would wish to join one of the greatest villages. It didn't exactly scream subtle, nor did it scream safety. Furthermore, with his affiliation the Kuroka clan, he could have very well been a spy from Suna, which had previously been under the watchful eye of the Kuroka clan head, Gin, if what he had gathered from the various encounters with the clan were of any indication.

“Lord Hokage, I wish to join Konoha to...” Then, he almost faltered. For a moment, he lost his voice, unable to find the courage to deliver his desire.

What did he want to join Konoha for? To honour his father's memory? In the world of ninjas, he knew, honour was something non-existent, an illusion fabricated by many to preserve the image of ninja and keep the business going. Truthfully, there was no honour in the profession. There was no good or bad. There was nothing good or honourable about assassinating a person in his sleep, but neither was there anything dishonourable or bad about murdering a rapist in his sleep. There was only what needed to be done, and what would be done, in the ninja world.

So would his argument even stand? He wanted to join one of the most fortified villages just because he presumed his father was from the village. He didn't even have any proof – no headband, no belongings, no witnesses – to convince the Hokage otherwise. And under those sharp eyes, he doubted he would've been able to bring forth something that held so little water.

He breathed out softly. He didn't have anything else, anyway. He had made it this far. He supposed, similar to the decision before this, it wasn't whether he got accepted into Konoha or not, but rather if he got out of this room alive or not. If he was not deemed a threat to Konoha's security, chances were he would be admitted into their ranks. If he was, then it was unlikely he could appeal to the Hokage's sense of pity; a threat had to be removed. It was do or die at this moment, and frankly, with the loss of both his parents and nowhere else to go and no one else expecting him, he had little left to lose.

“To honour my father's memory,” he began, surprised he found the courage to move his lips. “As you already know, I am from the Kuroka clan. Up until three years ago, I had no idea who my father was, and it was only because my mother sacrificed herself, going against her clan, that I managed to get a lead that my father was from Konoha. However, I doubt he would be in your active roster. He died almost a decade ago.

“I believe my father is a Konoha ninja because, in the excuse my mother gave to her clan to fake my death, she mentioned he was killed by Konoha hunter-nin. It makes little sense for him to be hunted by hunter-nin from other villages, as said ninja are trained to only target those who have gone missing from their villages. So, I believe he is from Konohagakure, and I wish to join this village, because while I have the blood of the Kuroka in my veins, there is little I have to remember of my father. At least this way, I will know I am fighting for my father's village.”

Fuyuki exhaled slightly, camouflaging the shock he had at himself being able to deliver all that to one of the most intimidating figures in the world. He kept his calm in check as he awaited the Hokage's response.

6 Re: Request to Join Village on Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:50 pm

Mitsuhide

S-rank
-

____

7 Re: Request to Join Village on Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:21 pm

Shindou

Genin
Fuyuki caught his breath in his throat as he realised he had made a mistake in explaining his past to the Hokage.

“Lord Hokage, I apologise, but it seems I made a mistake. My father was not killed by hunter-nin per say. He was killed trying to defend me from the Kuroka clan when he stepped out of line, sacrificing himself to allow my mother and I to escape. The hunter-nin were merely fabricated by my mother when she confronted her clan to convince them I was dead, stating that they had targeted me instead. She died during that confrontation, and I believed she had already anticipated that, and so thought that the only thing left for her to do was ensure that the Kuroka clan would not be hunting for me.”

Fuyuki was surprised he was no longer nervous. His voice came out clear and firm, and his words seemed as if they had been rehearsed dozens of times. Of course, he only wish he had this feeling sooner, before he had made that debilitating mistake. Maybe then he wouldn't have sabotaged his own performance too much.

“In truth, I can never truly say whether hunter-nin were sent after us, for I was then too young to understand anything apart from the necessity to live. I apologise for my slip of the tongue.

“Being that I am a wandering ninja, and have been since I was a child, I do not actually have a shinobi way, nor is there any rule governing the way I live my life as a shinobi, unlike how the ninja of Konoha live by the Will of Fire. Instead, the only thing on my mind during those moments was survival. However, from my years of travelling alone in search of Konoha, I have come to realise my own shinobi way.”

Fuyuki's eyes closed for a moment as he recalled his journey to search for the previously elusive village. Initially, when he went out to fulfill his father's legacy, he had rehearsed line after line, hoping to deliver the best speech to the Hokage on what made him legible for active Konoha ninja status. But as of now, three years later, those words became foggy, obstructed not only by the passage of time, but also of all the other memories and experiences he had garnered on his journey, both sidetracking him yet helping him grow, and...

… And maybe even preparing him for this moment.

When Fuyuki reopened his eyes, he felt courage flood into his chest. He felt his beating heart calm down, and took a breath. A small tingling sensation by his neck, collar, and shoulders ached for his attention, but he ignored them.

“It has taken me roughly three years to track down this village, not because it was camouflaged to a great extent, but because I was often sidetracked along the way. I am aware that being easily side-tracked is not a positive trait to have as a shinobi, especially when we are assigned high profile targets or high priority missions. However, I have a reason for being so easily sidetracked. I was unable to hold myself back every time I saw someone who needed help, whether it was merely bringing the groceries from the market, or even tracking down a kidnapped child.

“From my experiences, I have learned that my shinobi way dictates I help others. It dictates that I put the needs of others above that of myself, and do all in my power to help them. This doesn't mean I let people walk over me, dragging me left and right and stretching me for my services, but rather, I refuse to walk away when someone else is in need. Sure, while the big picture is always important – the main goal should take priority over all else – if all the small details are not straightened out, the details which are ignored are left so, there will be no big picture. If a tree has no roots, there will be no shoots. If a river has no mouth, there will be no stream. If there is no starting, there is no ending.

“I guess, in short, I'm trying to say that, from where I come from, from my experiences, being a shinobi means helping others in need. It means being ready to help those who can't help themselves. Being a shinobi means...” Fuyuki took a small breath here, “...it means being willing to cry, sweat, and bleed for others, and not just myself.”

8 Re: Request to Join Village on Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:05 am

Mitsuhide

S-rank
-

Last edited by Star on Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:13 am; edited 1 time in total

____

9 Re: Request to Join Village on Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:17 am

Shindou

Genin
Fuyuki couldn't believe his ears.

Fuyuki remained standing still, not through sheer will of discipline, but from the sheer amount of shock that was no doubt coursing through his very being upon hearing those very words. Even when the Hokage's hand rested itself on his shoulder, even as he accepted him as a pupil, and even as his footsteps died out as he walked off, Fuyuki remained standing in the Hokage's office, too stunned to do or say anything in response.

He had done it. While he was still not a Konoha shinobi – no, he would need to prove himself first, that he was already aware of – he had still done it. The Thirteenth Hokage had acknowledged him and agreed to take him on as a pupil, and it seemed now that all his strife for the past few years had been worth it.

And for the first time since his mother's death, Fuyuki's lips tugged upwards into a genuine smile.

[Exit Thread]

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.